Arcanum 2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Kirov, Nov 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kirov

Kirov New Member

It's hard for me to think of a better storyline than the original arcanum. I think It would be neat if the sequel continues right after you beat kerrigan and includes Vendigroth.

Vendigroth would be awsome.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think that there weren't be too much to do right after Arcanum ends. Problems from all over Arcanum were already solved and we'd need time for new ones to appear to make the thing interesting. If we'd want Vendigroth, a much greater time would be the Age of Legends, when Vendigroth was in its full glory, the time of the Elven Council, when the world was crawling with demons, evil warlocks, dragons... Ah, those were the days.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Or if Bates gets too old and dies, leaving no heirs surely there could be a story about renegade mages taking that opportunity to stop anyone from following on.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

But I brutally murdered him.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I still stand by my idea of setting a sequel about 100 years later with technology in charge, with renegade mages trying to tip the balance using any means necessary.

Or you know, in the Age of Legends with the powers reversed. Could be interesting to see another side of Vendigroth, ifyouknowwhatImean.

6. Charonte

Charonte Member

How 'bout renegade mages in an expanded vendigroth in the age of legends? Surely a hell of a lot easier to implement plot-wise

7. Kirov

Kirov New Member

But dosent Vendigroth mend the seperation of Technology and magic?

Besides I defeated the most evil being in existance, and I don't even get bask in my own glory?

Ha ha ha,

Anyway, I dont know, I really wouldnt know where to start when making a sequel to arcanum.

8. Charonte

Charonte Member

Age of Legends was before the events of Arcanum, before the banishing of Arronax and so on.

Technically, I suppose that's a prequel but having a bunch of mages running around technological vendigroth could be interesting. Or so I thought

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Well, it certainly would be interesting, I'm mostly thinking in terms of stuff I can write, y'know?

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

...and here, boys and girls, we've got Karghan the Teeeeerrible :multiple gasps:, who wanted to make the existence of every single soul a better one, which obviously makes him the most evil being ever. Yup. And about the next wax figure, the one with the small disfigured willy...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about arcanum mmo? maybe have bethsedia make it cause they did good with oblivion and fallout 3, my fav games eva!

12. Charonte

Charonte Member

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh look. A new target for me to practice my hexes on. (Or an old target being a dick, either way I get some practice and they suffer.)

14. Xz

Not new, it's Zanza. Who now has access to his former account again.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

He still looks banished to me.

16. Xz

Looks can be deceptive.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If he's going to post while having the avatar & rank of a banished one, that's going to be funny as hell.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Indeed an avatar I can finally be proud of. Now I was thinking, was technology really that prominent in the Age of Legends? I know Vendigroth was booming but they inhabited one city did they not? Magic being such an easy option in Arcanum even though it is meant to be a dying art in a world dominated by technology, would gameplay not suffer if the majority of characters and zones were filled with magic? I have a fear that it would just become just another generic RPG.

19. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You guys are all stoopid. Arcanum 2 should take place on an orbital platform.

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    We've gone through this a gazillion times before, and we've always reached the conclusion that the Age of Legends would be the most feasible setting for a sequel. Place it after the original Arcanum and you will have to assume that the Living One beat the crap out of Kerghan, because hey, the world is still here, ain't it? The Age of Legends doesn't pose any such problems regarding the game's canon, unless of course you decide to kill Arronax before he annihilates the Elven Council or whatnot. On the other hand, only because the game is set in the Age of Legends, you do not have to be directly involved in the affairs of those pesky elves and necromancers, do you?

It would also be a perfect opportunity to introduce new spells and technological marvels, as these things were around at that time.

Our Host!