Arcanum 2 ideas....This is a brief layout

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Lore Development Team, Jun 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

Ok this isnt LORE Team this is just my own opinion. I'm Ghallant, Co-admin of LORE. I now present the following ideas I have:

In Arcanum 2 Kerghan is ressurected by several Dark Mages. The return of Kerghan is extremely horrible and with you being trapped in the Void, your forced to stay and await the next stream of events. Then, all of a sudden, the introduction shows our hero standing on the hill of a void and then all of a sudden the dark sky that always remains dark in The Void shows a signal of light, within weeks the entire void is populated by Villagers and old citizens of Arcanum. Players start in a Void Village called The Nexus. In The Nexus several people tell our player that Kerghan returned and he had taken over Arcanum and in order to return to the now destroyed Arcanum our player must rid The Void of the one reason why theres no way to go from The Void to Arcanum, our player must destroy The Painbringer, an evil force that keep The Void plagued by death and despair.

Our hero eventually finds the lair after several strange quests, and parties, and dungeons, and slays The Painbringer. Our hero teleports back to the village of The Nexus and notices 1 new thing, its in the sky, going towards a giant portal above. Another movie plays showing the Nexus rising into the portal and disappearing while the world of The Void below is burning in chaos.

Our player reappears on The Isle of Despair, which now looks strange because the very center contains the giant chunk of rock where The Nexus lays. Our hero notices the entire world is indeed in chaos. The ocean is now filled with pus from the decay of Arcanums Armies.

Our player notices the entire ocean between The Isle of Despair and Arcanum is now bridged with hundreds of dead bodies. Our player crosses over to Arcanum and is forces to solve mysteries and find our where Kerghans new Lair is.

Near the end our player finds out Kerghans one weakness is located in Shrouded Hills mines, where Bessie Toon was, is a large hole leading down int othe depths of the core of Arcanum, which is being controlled by Kerghans vile mages. Our hero kills the mages and frees the core of Arcanum, forcing Kerghans magical lair to be revealed at the old crash site. Players go to the old crash-site and discover the old group members, Virgil, Magnus, etc. They all regroup and where the entire thing started, is where it ends, our hero and friends must enter Kerghans lair and defeat him. When they finally reach Kerghans throne room they notice Nasrudin is with him! They seemed to had teamed up! Now our hero must choose 2 things. 1. Join Nasrudin and Kerghan and kill his own team members and rule 1/3 of Arcanum, or 2. Battle Kerghan in hopes his control over Nasrudin is weakened and Nasrudin returns to normal. If players choose number 1 they must fight their party. After killing Virgil, and the others Kerghan and Nasrudin team against our hero and betray him. Our hero easily dies.

If our hero chooses number 2, then eventually Kerghan dies and the bind on Nasrudin does as well. The mission ends and Nasrudin teleports the entire party outside, then uses his last ounce of strength to teleport Kerghans lair back to The Void and the End Game Slides play. The EGS show mages from Arcanum repairing the towns, cleaning the oceans and sewers, and technical workers planting thousands of bombs, grenades, and dynamite sticks on the Isle of Despair to make sure no one can come from or to The Void.

Heh, this is kinda lame but if it got made I'd play it for sure!

2. Notharah

Notharah New Member

ok... just a few things... Kerghan is very much disintergrated... completely unressurectable even. I don't mean to burn your idea... but I have great doubts that Troika will let Kerghan come into play.. also because many people were dissapointed by Kerghan as end-enemie (just too easy)

The next problem would be that in arcanum 1 you were able to have different endings (you could also help Kerghan) so it would not flow nicely from part 1 to part 2. I will be amased if they manage to pull this off in a good way though.

And if you would start with the same character you would most likely start as a lvl 50 character since most of the people become that quite easily. But that problem can be overcome.

Oh and another thing (sorry if I really brake your idea apart)
    But Nasrudin dies.. not in combat... so this means he cannot be ressurected or he will die again the split-second after that... but that's not the real problem then.

You also face the problems with the followers... not all people have the same followers.

I do however got a new idea while reading your post (thank you for that).

You could keep playing in the void... finding out a secret entrance (or so) to a new area where the orriginal inhabitants of the void live. (I could wreck this idea of my own right away but let's leave it and see)

oh btw. What do you think of a PREquel???????
    If you want to know the details just check the thread I made in this forum

(sorry if I wrecked your ideas apart, but they are very very difficult to realise)

3. xento

xento New Member

Sorry 4 me to barge in as well, but in the end of Arcanum, the remainder of the Black Mountain Clan fixes their little Stargate, and you use it to teleport back to Arcanum. The only way this couldnt work is if you killed the rest of the Black Mountain Clan. But Arcanum doesnt really have a string programmed in it for that, so it doesnt notice and plays the Stargate movie anyway.

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I thought it was already working when you get to Kerghan. It's just that he's too magickal to use it yet.

5. xento

xento New Member

No, not quite. The dwarves tell you that they keep sabatosging (if that is how u spell it :roll: ) it so that it wont work at all. They just got the rift to open a little bit for Radcliffe, but then they purpously busted the darn thing again, and suckered their way out of a thrashing (even though it does come).

Our Host!