Amtut

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Trekkerdude, May 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Right then its been decided, I'm gonna (hopefully) create a complete module tutorial which will include a few things which ain't in Amtut. I'll let you guys know when the first part is ready.

Stormwell55- Soon to lose his sanity :D

2. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

sorry about that du. i didn't mean to be so bitchy, its just that i get a little carried away sometimes. i do understand that you put a lot of effort into amtut, and i do appreciate it. i am sorry and i hope that you can forgive me.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

No. My agents have already been sent out in search of your soul. You will die, and your soul will belong to me.

Have a good day. :)

4. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Attention everyone, the first step has been taken (ie getting the website started up). The first part of the Stormwell Arcanum Module Tutorial (SAMTUT, at least I didn't go for the Rookie one (RAMTUT)). View here for the SAMTUT

5. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

samtut

I was talked into doing this my a certian person on the House of Lords forum, mainly becuase they wasn't pleased with Dark Underlord's own incomplete Arcanum Module Tutorial (AMTUT)

had a look at the site looks ok so far. i thought that part of your intro, pasted above was quite interesting :eek: hope that you keep up the good work.

P.s I would like to apologise to DU again, it really was a good tutorial. if i could take back my ealier post then i would as i do realise that it took a lot of work to get up to where you got up to. i am sure that i could not have done what you did half as well. i again ask humbly for your forgiveness.

6. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, if I wrote a tutorial like that, I'd reccomend starting with the 'void plains' because then you could fill each sector individually. And you still don't get plants.

Just a tip.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: samtut

Apologise for what? Saying it's incomplete? It is. No harm there.

SAMTUT looks like a good start. I hope you keep at it through to the final part.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try writing an AMTUT tutorial yourself. Its to be HARD work after the first few chapters, I'd think.

10. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

The next bit should be up later to day (monday) hopefully!

11. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

samtut

hey, how is samtut coming along? i would like to go onto the site and see how it is coing but i can't remember the link for it. if you could post it here that would be great. then i can go and see what it is like at this moment.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, so far, there's Part 1, Chapter 1 which is a rehash of things I already covered in Amtut. I'd expect it to move onto more things I've already covered (presuming he actually gets back to it) before he eventually reaches the things he can't do (like dialogue and scripting and quests) where-by he'll give up. Which is actually about the time I gave up because I couldn't be bothered any more.

Really, someone should just write a simple quest tutorial.

13. DarkUnderlord

Gah, I really should remember to log in around here.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Hey DU how come you didn't get back to me, I sent you that incredibly long-winded letter?
    I was thinking about about it when I was going through your tutorial, nd I think your problem, which might trouble stormwell too, is that your too good you can't relate. You know how to do it, and the parts us noobs get stuck on don't connect with you b/c you do them so often it's easy.
    Even though I am a pitiful noob unworthy of life, I am offering to help for samtut, If it's needed.

15. DarkUnderlord

If you e-mailed it to me, then I probably didn't get it. It's probaly sitting in my hotmail inbox right now, inbetween the 400 "Hi I'm Cindy" messages and the 200 "Do you want your penis enlarged?".

Most of what goes into my e-mail is lost. When I do log into it once in a blue-moon, I usually reply to any I can find before simply emptying it all out.

If you get stuck on something, the best bet is one of the Arcanum forums.

No, I don't think that's Stormwell's problem. My problem perhaps, but definately not Stormwell's going by the forum messages he's sent me.

Yes, tell Stormwell to cut out the crap I've already done and go straight to the things I missed in Amtut. He needs to:
    - Explain dialogue simply.
    - Run through how to make a quest.
    - Simply explain a World Map.
    - Blessings & Curses and other messages and things.
    - and everything else of that nature.

16. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

samtut

stormwell55 i think that DU is right in this case it would be good for you if you went over certain parts that aren't covered in amtut.

17. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Ok DU thanks for the advice, I'll sort it out as soon as I can. I've been bust lately now that I'm off college for summer and doing full time at work.

18. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

amut

Where can I find this tutorial? I am thinking about learning to MOD.

19. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

cobrec

its probably better to start off with amtut as it contains most things that you need to create a basic mod. samtut has only just been started so there is not much of it.

20. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Re: cobrec

SAMTUT is somewhat incomplete and I will be redoing it. However I don't like the idea of running Yahoo Pagebuilder (geocities) on my 56K modem which is very likely to 'die' on me again.

It has been 'dead' for two years (don't ask!).

Our Host!