Amtut

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Trekkerdude, May 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

Hey darkunderlord, is there any chance of you actually finishing amtut? i have been using it and i was dissapointed to find that there were some parts of it missing. please post here or email me at trekkerdude@aol.com

2. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Yeah I agree, Dark Underloard get it finished or *cough* 'some one else will create another one' *cough*

3. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

perhaps you are that person i got really stuck after he never finished the tutorial. if you do decide to do it or finish amtut or any kind of thiung like that then send me a copy of it to trekkerdude@aol.com

4. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Hmm, me doing a module tutorial? Why not?

Well ther are a few stuff which I bet DU hasn't put in Amtut.......(correct me if I am wrong)

such as creating ghosts, making things appear radioactive and recreating the canals of Tarant.

5. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

that is certainly true. perhaps you could do it, it would be fun for you or perhaps not. But it would be quite useful for new modders like me.

6. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Ok, I'll have athink about it and will post tomarrow.

7. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

8. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

your post

doesn't look to bad, but have you thought about making the tutorial? you said that you would post here on wednesday, and it is now friday and you srill havent posted what you think.

9. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Sorry I have been a bit busy (college coursework) and yes I'll do it

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Someone else is more than welcome to do so.

11. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

dark underlord

How come you didn't get around to finishing it. you would have looked much better if you had. At least there is someone out there big enough to fill the shoes that you couldn't fill

12. Canis

Canis New Member

Re: dark underlord

*readies the popcorn*

13. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

uk size 10?

sorry just a joke

14. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

You know, a bit of politeness never hurt anyone. If DU doesn't want to finish it, then that's his choice. Currently, the only one who looks bad around here is you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, DU put his time and effort into AMTUT and all you can do is bitch. I wouldn't have had the time to invest into that. He clearly can't finish it because he's a human being. Geez.

Ah geez, did I have to come in here and bitch about other people again?

16. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Ok ok

Hmmmmm...Agreed....If you ask me, to write the AMTUT tutorial the way DU got up to, you'd need to be SuperHuman. I consider DU, a SuperCow...Heh heh...

Anyways, DU did put alot of time and effort into it, A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT. I mean like, trying to lift a cliff with a stick in a bliff standing on a cliff with no lift, is like that card Cliff! I mean...Biff...Err...What's your name again?

THAT"S just how hard (In Random Insanity Terms) it IS for DU to make something like that, and CONTINUE it after the Seconds Chapter and not pass out and fall-over. We need more Game Producers like that...Right on DU!

Enough with the Brownie points...(Shoves Freshly Baked CHeese Brownies [YUM!] under the Steam Train)...Uhhh, no one saw that....

I thought the SAME exact thing when I got to the end of that tutorial, but, before I could make any rude or insulting comment...I thought to myself when DU said "It make take you 5 minutes to read this, but it took me 1 hour to write it!".

For DU to go back, write, and edit, and then RE-READ to make sure EVERYTHING was in the correct place is like De-Weeding an entire friggen ocean! (Thanks to my modz skillz I don't got to do that...I'm so evil....)

DU had the dedication, courage, and...Oh shit, I smell brownies again...DAMNIT VIRGIL GIMMIE BACK MY BROWNIES! (Chases after Birgil while he snacks on the Cheese Brownies)...

Yes, it would've been GREAT if he completed it. BUt ask yourself, if you were DU, make sure you put on HIS pair of shoes, and walk around in them. I bet his shoes, are like cow thingies....With horns on each side or something....Hmmmm....(Takes out a Camera, sneaks, and hides under DU's bed waiting for him to take off his shoes)....

Now remember my friend, a good scientist can find what a problem is, but he can also solve it.

Go around, ask people information on how to MOD, then compile YOUR own Book of MOdding. Udder people know udder things....ACK! Damn DU shaped Computer....Some of the udder things in life need some udder bicklingly attention! Udder that right?

So, 2 options:

A. Udder you make your own.
    B. Or, you udder ask questions and stay on this forum forever, asking things to other people you don't know! NUAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAH (Emergeancy Broad Cast Signal) *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeep.av* (Thank you, this concludes the Emergeancy Broad Cast Signal Test) AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH...(Drinks Orange Juice....Udderly good if you ask me...)....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (This concludes the Evil Laugh Broadcast Test, on to the real evil laugh)....You really didn't think I'd spam THAT much, would you? NUAHAHAHHAHAHA ----

Now, that's all I have to say for myself. I hope you find it udderly funny...Cause if you don't, you better be udderly running in your udderly ugly shoes with udderly horns and a udder....Udder man!

-RunAwayScientist

17. DarkUnderlord

The reasons, in order, as to why Amtut is not finished:

1) The Fallout map editors were released. I like Arcanum, but I love Fallout. I now have bigger fish to fry.

2) General lack of interest in the Arcanum community at large. You can count the number of people interested in Arcanum mods on one hand and still have fingers left.

3) Update. It needed updating before I finished it. Mainly what Runaway Scientist mentions with de-weeding. The fact that the entire site is HTML is also a hinderance. Part of the updating plan including getting a php host and converting the entire thing (copy & paste essentially) into a phpBB forum. That way, it'd be a hell of a lot easier to update. Problem is that that bold plan meant I had to learn php... Which is still something I haven't got around to doing.

4) After the update, I was onto explaining scripting. At the end of the day, there are just some people who can mod, and others who can't. Explaining how to script or make a decent dialogue tree in a simple way, isn't easy. I figured that what I have written gives people a start. It lets them get a foothold and the rest they can figure out from there. If they couldn't, chances are I wouldn't be able to explain it to them.

I didn't care about looking better. Never have, never will. Again though, small community. I'd look better if I bought NWN and started making mods for that.

Good luck to them. If someone wants to complete Amtut, fix it up, do whatever, they're more than welcome to do so. I'd love to see Amtut finished one day. I just doubt that it'll be me who does it.

Yeah, I wanted to update that. Really should explain about the terrain map. :shudder: It's just one of the few things that need to be re-written in Amtut.

Thank you for ruining the post width too by the way. :)

18. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

That's why your faithful mod is here.

DU, why don't you come around here more often? Huh? Huh? You don't love Snowy anymore? -sobs-

19. DarkUnderlord

Oh, I thought you were here just to look pretty? :p

Well, there's FMF, plus with the new FO:BOS game from Interplay, things in the old Fallout community have gone ape-shit. So I'm over there helping throw some more shit around. :) Also in the process of writing up something about FO:BOS too, which has turned into a big arse "why this game breaks canon" kind of nerdy thing. So I basically feel like a Star Trek fan complaining about the special photon weapon used in episode #57 that had a green light on when clearly it was set to stun and that model of photon weapon should have a red light on when in stun mode, or something.

[​IMG] There, there. :)

20. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

That too. Although I am occasionally required to do real work.

Huh? Wait, don't bother clarifying.

I'm still mad at you for leaving. :p

Our Host!