American McGee's Alice remix project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrimmHatter, May 11, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Some of us over at McGee's site got together and composed, compiled, and produced what we like to ambitiously call the "American McGee's Alice Remix Project". It's a compilation of several of the more memorable/loved fan-made remixes of tracks written by Chris Vrenna straight from the AMA soundtrack. without_the_underscore (aka New Now) got the project rolling and even designed CD jewel case inserts with custom artwork and track listing.

If you liked McGee's Alice game, Chris Vrenna's soundtrack (even his band Tweaker), or just a fan of dark/ambient/electronica in general, please check out the fruits of our labor.

Grab it track by track, or in one .rar file HERE

Drop us a comment at McGee's forums HERE, if you feel so inclined.

Thanks, and spread the word.

EDIT: BTW, my track is #8, Pandemonium (Hexane Migraine remix). [/shameless plug]

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Interesting. I liked American McGee's Alice, even if I never even came close to beating it.

3. GrimmHatter

I'm really looking forward to the sequal, not just for the game, but to see in what direction the overall mood of the soundtrack goes and if Vrenna will be back to compose it.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Grimm, if you liked this project you might like some of the "concept" remix album projects over at OverclockedRemix. I used to go there a lot several years ago but my interest has waned over the years.

5. GrimmHatter

That used to be my first "home" on the net. I've used alot of musicians over there for inspiration and have gotten a hefty load of help from the community over the years. Unfortunately, my interest has also waned over the years as my taste in music and gaming has changed. I see this mostly due to the fact that the community seems to be more focused on the pop culture side of music and games. That is, the number remixes and projects of flagship Nintendo games (Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda, Mario) and some of the other more popular console franchises (Castlevania, Street Fighter, Sonic) grossly outweigh the more...obscure titles. By contrast, half of my small library of remixes I've done come from games that have not a single track to represent them on that site. But that's just the nature of the beast, due to the obvious popularity of old classics.

Nevertheless, the community sets the bar pretty high for what is accepted into its archive of remixes, and there's no arguing the pool of talent that can be found there. Zircon, Pretzel, and McVaffe are some of my all time favorite remixers I've met on the net. Main Finger and New Now, who I've only just met recently through the Alice Remix Project are quickly becoming two more.

Our Host!