All I want...

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Phisch, Jan 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phisch

Phisch New Member

Folks what I really want to be able to do in Arcanum Two (which will most likely never be), is take apart all of the crap I keep making, you sit there with X assembled and Y assembled, you stick X and Y together to create a big steaming pile of doggy droppings. It would be nice if you could take said big steaming pile of doggy droppings apart and use X and Y again to build other stuff, some of which might not be complete crap. In Arcanum you build yourself a charged accelerator gun and there are a few different things you can add to it to make some other unholy weapon, it would be really nice if you could take the pieces that made it a Tesla gun or whatever and add something else to make a Meteor Launcher or whatever, like a modular rifle sort of concept. At least then your techy character wouldn’t need a convoy of 53’ trailers to keep all of the stuff you might need with you. There were a few times that I discovered my latest devastating weapon was pathetically ineffective against some sort of critter later in the game. It either all of that work or just give technologists the capacity to build a “Phischies’ Pocket Sized Thermo-Nuclear Device� to counteract the disintegrate spell.

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I agree with you on all that. I don't know how many times I have been playing and built something, only to have it rendered obsolete a few levels later. :???: It would be really cool if they added a scematic for a Mechanized Helper (created from a Mechanized Arachnid and Sheet Metal). This would essentially be a barrel which travelled with you, didn't require Charisma, and wouldn't be attacked by creatures. Then you could carry your storehouse inventory with you and never suffer the debilitating effects of being encumbered. (and pocket nukes could be quite helpful as well. :D )

3. Tournesol

Tournesol New Member

good one, though I think it should be called either "mechanised luggage" or "portable safe"

Our Host!