Alignment of Regulars and not so regulars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Nov 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I thought this was so brilliant that it should have its own thread.
    Give other people alignments.
    Like Matt_Thorn would be Chaotic Evil, as he degraded any thread he posted in (Evil) and he posted way too much, causing a nice solid increase in Entropy.
    and how could I possibly have forgotten?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Rane is chaotic evil due to his highly annoying abuse of emoticons

3. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I am lost as to my alignment, but am sure someone will label me somewhat fittingly. My guess is Chaotic Lawful!? :-?

4. Settler

Settler Member

I would guess Lawful Neutral for myself, but I thirst for someone else's opinion!

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Yes, Settler you would be Lawful Neutral, I don't know about me, Neutral at least, maybe Sporadic Neutral?

6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I have to be chaotic neutral. I hate unjust authority with a passion, and stand up for myself and friends until some guy beats me into submission. I think the "Good" alignment is overused, and should be reserved for those who are worthy of its title. I mean, giving twenty dollars in some charity thing your school does, doe not qualify as "Good". Well, that's my poinion at least

7. Settler

Settler Member

Hmmm....yes, you'd be Chaotic Neutral, Wolf.

Wavering somewhere between Chaotic Neutral and Evil in Real Life â„¢, though...

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Neutral good according to the test. Though I always choose chaotic good. Need to play Planescape:Torment again - its dynamically changing alignment will thell me the truth. :)

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I took the test, and got Neutral Good. I had figured either that or Chaotic Good.

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

True Neutral would seem to fit me, I go whatever side is easiest :)

What do you all think?

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well I think the test is a piece of shit. Neutral people perform many good deeds but that doesn't make them good. So far Neutral Good is the most common. And Quethim, you're saying you'd kill your mum with a knife, hide all the evidence, and take your share of the will? That's assuming you're in deep shit and really need the money.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

There's just one major bad here, that test is made to reflect how we are in real life. And what Sigurd aimed is the forum alignment.

Don't say you are Chaotic Neutral. It's probably the most difficult alignment to play. A mad do anything sort of personality. You disregard everything evil and good alike and your actions don't follow any pattern except that of chaos. IMO, I don't know anyone like that on this forum except Jar.

I got Neutral on the test. But I think the test questions are silly.

14. Quethim

Quethim New Member

In real life, my actions are probably Neatral Good, my thoughts are probably Chaotic Good...

On the forums, I'm neatral...I don't care what happens, as long as I get the good out of it. :)

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I believe they changed definitions of CN in 3rd edition. CN doesn't have to mean that you're running mad (although it certainly could be), but rather that you're an extremely free-spirited person, doing whatever you feel without any bias towards anything or anyone.

Hmmm... I guess some would say that this kind of behaviour would be mad indeed...

Amen. I know it's seriously flawed, but it's the best test I know of. And you mustn't forget that the D&D alignment system is a very abstract one to begin with.

While we're at it doing silly D&D tests, you might want to check this one out:

http://neppyman.irulethe.net/dndwho/

16. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Well, too be honest I'd be...Neutral Evil with a pinch of good, in that I care for my own gain before most other people-I don't like alot of people. But the alignments in D&D don't really go in real life. I don't know anyone I'd call Lawful Good. In D&D someone who is Lawful Good cares almost nothing for themselves and only for doing what is right and I don't know anyone who is exactly Lawful Evil, they just follow there own beliefs or they are just a little bit Evil. What I'm trying to say is the alignments in D&D are exagerated "Hero" type alignments e.g Bad Ass villain or Tight Pants good guy.

17. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Well, I muddled my way through the first test and I got my result but I'd like to know what you guys think my "alignment" is before I tell you what the test told me. I did the second test, too, but I really think that was much more absurd and involved than the first. I'll tell the results for both once I get a few of your opinions. Your thoughts, please.

18. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I'd pick Chaotic Evil because you love to argue with people and seem to be a bitter, angry bitch. Not that I dislike you, I'm simply making an observation from some of your posts. Your avatar just confirms it. Doesn't everyone else think she looks bitter? Especially with the facial scar. Actually, I dig chicks with facial scars. Anyway, I like to hang out with bitter bitches, as long as I don't have to go out with them. And I'm about as combative as anyone can be, but I fight for what I believe is Good, so that's why I figured Chaotic Good. What do you all think?

19. Settler

Settler Member

This may sound strange, Chalupa, but I think you're Chaotic Evil in a not entirely bad way... don't ask me what I mean, because I don't know.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The tricky thing with this test is, I can see myself as so many different alignments. On some issues, I'm more Chaotic, others I'm Lawful, sometimes I want to do Good, other times I want to do Evil.

In real life, I suppose I'd say I'm Neutral Good, but secretly I aspire to be Neutral Evil (or at least, I've romanticised it to the point of me aspiring to it). It also happens to be the alignment I got on the test, which didn't have enough options per question for my liking.

Our Host!