About the Editor

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PeeCee, Jun 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi all.

I did post this question before, but I didn't feel like I got a satisfactory answer.

In the editor. How big can you make the world? As I said before I read that the "Original" world would take a full day to go across, but I also read that you are able to make maps large enough so I will take you fourteen days to cross. Is this true?

I wan't to know, because if it is possible to make large maps with lots of sidequests I would liek to try and make a european map with all the trimmings.

/PeeCee

2. Calis

Calis Member

Yes, it is. Cool huh? Bear in mind, however, that there is no possibility to add a world map to your mods, so you'll have to place a few train stations and other stuff like that to make it feasible.

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Thanks.

I agree. that is cool. But what do you mean about not being able to add maps to the mods?

Is it only possible to change the layout of the cities and location of these on the original map?

4. Calis

Calis Member

No, you won't be able to include a world map with your mods at all. That means that if you want to get from one town to another in a mod, you'll need to walk all the way through the wilderness, unless you scripted something like a train station.

5. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Ahh. Ok.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to this game and the editor. Sounds like a really heavy piece of tool.

6. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

And boats and teleport spells .

Remember train and high level mages are not compatible.

7. Calis

Calis Member

Actually, trains in Arcanum have a special Mage caboose. The last car in the train is reserved for mages. They can stay there safely since they're far enough away from the engine.

8. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Interresting dilemma.

Mages as I understand it have renounced tecnology, but they use it to fit their needs. Isn't that sort of hipocracy? <sp>

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against mages.

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I think mages are better then techies, but i think they use trains because they're forced to. I mean besides walking, teleporting(Not all mages can...), blimp, and trains there doesn't seem to be alot of ways to travel. Beside just because you ride a train doesn't mean you have to like it. What i want to know if while your riding the train will you be able to talk with the other passenges. Like it'll take 3 days to get somewhere and you can choose to just click on the sleep for a day button 3 times or go around and talk to the ppl on the train and then sleep.

10. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hey Enzo.

Not being an expert or anything, but I think I read somewhere that using travel by, trains, boats and blimps will be done in the same way as when you travel by foot on the world map. Just press the button and you get to your destination. The difference is that there will be no random encounters.

I could offcourse be wrong.

/PeeCee

11. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Also you'd think it'd be a little faster. Wouldn't you?

12. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

I agree, but I think I read that it wouldn't be faster. The only difference from walking and using any kind of transport was the random encounters.

13. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Well that suxs. Then I guess diplomats will be the only train users. My fighters and i will walk and buff up = )

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I believe they said it wouldn't be faster in "real time", but that it went faster in game time. So it looks the same as world map, but it just has the sun move slower or something.

15. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

That could be the case.

As for random encounters they could be fun if you want to buff up as enzo said.

16. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Our Host!