A Request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Dec 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Could the | -> me thing be only in GD?
    It just seems really annoying to have it in places like H&T where useful information is given out, and it isn't a fun annoyance that SADISTIC, EVIL people like Dark Elf enjoy.

2. Settler

Settler Member

3. Quethim

Quethim New Member

You know, I don't think it can really be done. The "Filter" system effects the whole forum, you would have to search for some sort of phphBB hack that will change it to filter every seperate forum...or something.

4. Settler

Settler Member

Yeah, that could get ugly. Looks like you'll just have to live with it for now.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Richard Vorak wishes to know how long this crap is going to last anyway, Richard Vorak had only been back 2 days, following a 3 day absence and missed what actually occured. Although Richard Vorak knows that the blame lies with Dark Elf

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I too have been gone for a while and missed this whole bit. Would someone like to explain it to me?

7. Flink

Flink New Member

If this shit is suppose to be funny or something I_ for one am not laughing. It totally ruins any shot at getting the RPing forum going again also.

STOP THE I_ = ME thing PLEASE!

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The drunken fool with power around here (Jarinor) made this silly contest in which no one participated but Dark Elf. Due to the fact that, therefore Dark Elf won, he got to change _I to me. This annoys the hell out of many people, and although it could be construed as funny to the sadistic people around here in GD, it really sucks for the rest of the forum.
    In Short: Dark Elf is EVIL!

9. Canis

Canis New Member

I still think it's hilarious. I've even started thinking "me" whenever I read "_I" on other boards, and have even had to stop myself from writing "me" at inappropriate times.

I say let the playful subversion of language continue. Just change the Secret Word once in a while, lest the joke play itself out.

Of course, if nobody ever even participates in the contest, there's not much point. Perhaps there could be several different contests, or some other means of deciding upon the winner/object of hatred.

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

See, therein lies the problem. For those of us who participate in this forum every day, the joke HAS played itself out. Change the Secret Word.

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Hmm, it would seem some people are returning just in time to see this new...change....for those of you who are confused, you should probably visit the thing that says "Contest for the whole family" thread...

Um, I think that's the one...

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hehe. If I ever get the reward I"m gonna change the word "mice" to "mouses".

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Yes! Damnit!! Richard Vorak has the answer, Richard Vorak is going to find and kill Dark Elf, then Richard Vorak will get Mr Wolf's suggestion instituted instead of the current crap of Dark Elf

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Aw, c'mon! Whatever else, DE's idea was great. It must really puzzle people who are new to HoL or returning from absence to see everyone writing like idiots... and it annoys all of us.
    Though I agree with Sigurd - maybe the word should be changed once in a while. But without warning...

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

oh, and btw i would change the word but to ass

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I swear, I could never had imagined that merely changing one little word could produce so much annoyance. I mean, you can't see a thread nowadays that doesn't have at least three posters spamming on in absurdum whining over the wordchange. Man, you've really got to love this place. :D

17. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

i don't think its like very anoying, but the fun is kinda getting sucked right out of it....

Our Host!