A Question...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Nov 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Does giving beggar 10 coins increase your aligment? I tried giving the halfling beggar in Dernholm 10 coins but doesnt increase my aligment. If giving beggars 10 coins increase my aligment, then I can go massacring towns before I go into the Void!

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I'm not sure whether it affects your alignment. I wouldn't have thought you could get a boost everytime you gave, or you'd essentially be able to buy a good alignment, which would be far too much like real life.

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that good aligned followers may improve their reaction to you if you give to beggars. Or maybe it was more that their reaction will decrease if you turn a beggar down.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There's 3 options when talking to beggars - Giving them money should increase your alignment by one. Saying the second option does nothing, saying the third decreases your alignment by one. Don't try it too many times with an extreme personality though :smile:

4. Tagless

Tagless New Member

I have given coins to beggers before and found my alignment goes up by about 4 or 5 after giving them about 300 coins, but if I pickpocket the cash back it goes down by 1 or 2 so essentially you can eventually get to 98 alignment without lossing any cash.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Or you can just do good quests to get your alignment up...getting Loghaire to return as King of the Dwarves increases your alignment by heaps.

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

how do you make him return?
    when i finnished talking to him,and tried to talk to him again he just said something like:"leave me i return to my exile...
    i am nothing..."
    so?

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You have to have good intelligence (at least 11, more it better though). You have to have at least 8 persuasion as well - make sure you learn about the Stone and the Shape from Randver, that's where the intelligence requirement comes from - if you can learn about the Stone and the Shape, and persuade Randver to open the secret passage, you can convince Loghaire to come back (and thus make him a follower later in the game).

Save before talking to him, because it can be tricky getting him to come back.

8. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

by persuasion you probably mean charisma...

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No, you need 2 points in charisma (8 little slices overall) to be shown the secret passage.

10. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

are you trying to mess-up my mind?!
    what slices of charisma?!
    there are slices of persuasion but not Charisma!

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Whoops, sorry about that. Yeah, I meant persuasion. I was thinking about charisma but writing about persuasion...happens occasionally to everyone.

12. Odi

Odi New Member

With 3+ points on pursuasion only to take advantage of the passage beneath the throne. The problem with this short cut is not gaining several levels, not completing the "heirloom" quest, nor gathering all of the loot while clearing out the Drudge.

I have had Loghaire return 3 times with: Elf, Dwarf, and HalfOgre, without devoting any points to pursuasion. The only key was intelligence. While speaking with the "king in waiting," the option during dialogue opens up whereby you state your mental capacities are up to it, etc.. You then discuss stones and shape with the heir apparant. After finding King Loghaire the opportunity arises to broach the subject. He rejoins his people and the clan thrives.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you can still enter the dredge through the room where loghaire's at. so taking the shortcut doesn't mean you don't get to clear out the dredge

14. Odi

Odi New Member

True. When I ran a Gnome thief character through the Drudge, I had to exit a few times to restock on bandages and hike my repair skills up to expert.

Our Host!