A Mechanic in need.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by GrimmHatter, Nov 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I've gained my doctorate in Mechanics, so steam engines have been severely high on my wish list. For the few levels leading up to it, I frequently saw one for sale at the inventor's shop in Tarant and that's about it. I used a fate point to pick his chest one night, stole it (along with everything else) and made my first arachnid. Ever since, I have not seen another one available, and it's been about 5 levels worth of playing now. Was that the only one available in the game or do I need to keep refreshing the inventor's merchandise in hopes of another coming up for sale? On that note, is the only way to refresh a merchant's inventory to leave town and come back? Or is there another way....maybe resting/waiting for so long?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The good news is the steam engine does get replaced in the inventor's inventory.
    The bad news is that it does so infrequently. 10% chance.

You can simply wait outside his shop and just advance the time for one day, (after day, after day, after day,...) and run back inside to check.

Also - There is one available as a freebe in the shipwreck at Caladon.

For the stock game, that's as good as it gets.

3. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Thanks.

Still, that's better than hearing there's a finite number of them in the game

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I believe they show up at tne Dwarven Inventor's in the Wheel Clan as well, but that's probably using the same refresh rate.

Our Host!