A bug in Ashbury?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elizire, Oct 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elizire

Elizire New Member

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the last few times I went to Ashbury, there was a Halfling Villager that was wandering around the entry point (for crossland travel) that would attack immediately upon spotting me. So far, I've been able to avoid him, but it does get complicated since invariably, a guard comes to help him. Is this a bug or did I accidentally hit earlier and not notice?

2. Milo

Milo New Member

The same thing happens to me, and I too have no idea what I did to the halfling to make him attack me. Check out his reaction to you... Whatever it was, he sure hates the hell out of the player character.

Luckily, he caught up to me when I was way out of town. I was so far away that no one gave a damn that I killed him.

So the only thing I could suggest is that if he starts attacking you, spend all your APs for the first few rounds getting far away from the town and then kill him when there's no one else around to witness.

3. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Yep , a bug I guess, I have no trouble with him though, he never reaches the second round against my team.Theres a deduction to your alignment though, a measly 1, and another 1 if theres a guard. :smile:

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I always got attacked by a halfling female in the Vermillion Station - guards didn't give a damn when my followers were chopping her as long as I didn't do anything :grin:

5. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

Hmh, I don't think she actually attacks you. She tries to pickpocket you and when she fails you go into combat mode.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Right, now I recall that I once noticed a loss of gold. Didn't happen again however, hehe :minigun:

Our Host!