3-D

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Mi$er, Jul 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mi$er

Mi$er New Member

Unless some really good changes happen to 3-D graphics i recomend arcanum 2 stayin with the traditional RPG view ..... ads to the Atmosphere :thinkof:

2. xento

xento New Member

I agree... Besides, it would be alot more difficult to make mods if you were looking at everything from a first-person view. It would make it alot harder to program and put in objects and NPCs.

3. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

I agree... especially since some of us are stuck with less-than-optimal systems that can't handle 3D well... :cry:

4. xento

xento New Member

Plus, the 3D view would make it more of a first person shooter then a RPG.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

An RPG is a game genre - it doesn't matter what perpective it uses. Morrowind is an RPG, but it is 1st person!

6. xento

xento New Member

I see... Well, I still think that a 3D RPG doesnt look as good as the 3rd person view.

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

:eek: you think a 3d game can't be from 3rd person view?! See Summoner, Evil Islands, NWN.

If the game stayed 2d I'd like it's graphic more like Baldur's Gate or something...

8. xento

xento New Member

9. Loki

Loki New Member

Dungeon Siege is an example that Arcanum 2 could draw its graphical inspiration from. maybe like lionheart (an upcoming game from black isle) they could do away with 3d characters on the prerendered 2d sprites. but if they want to improve upon the editing aspect, also multiplayer, troika could do what bioware did in nwn, like using modules to build a world.

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I think it will be 3-D actually... Considering Troika now have about nine 3-D programmers on their team as I understand. It also means they can have more animations, which should help avoid more slow-downs.

11. Constipated BladeRunner

Constipated BladeRunner New Member

Arcanum 2 wont be.
    tim Cain does not do the same game twice if he has a choice.

12. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

I agree, Arcanum 2 needs to stay 2d. If it is ever made, that is. (PLEASE! MY COMPUTER CAN'T DO 3D GRAPHICS)

13. Aura Emenator

Aura Emenator New Member

Don't bother.

Okay. If they do make Arcanum 2, and you can quote me on this, it will certainly NOT be 3-D. The combat engine would be unmanageable, for one thing, and it would totally change the feel of a game that has a wonderful feel already. I'd rather the team spent their time perfecting story and gameplay than pumping time into some flashy 3-D graphics engine anyway. Isn't that what role-playing games are all about? Morrowind has some great aspects, but the combat system is pretty weak, and it's definently not "the greatest role-playing game ever," as some would have you believe.

14. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

how about one of the greatest RPGE? :wink:

I'd like a 2D RPG. After looking at the fiasco that was Neverwinter - low poly count, generic-feeling tileset, extreme bugginess and, most importantly, lame story and a prolonged development time; I would like to play 2D Arcanum II.

And I agree with Maniac. I would like to see artwork as backdrops in Arcanum (but that has a very slim chance of ever happening), with better character animations.

Our Host!