150 000 posts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Oct 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

How do you know? Maybe Fish was in Sweden, learning Swedish, instead of in Iraq?

2. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, that happened to me for some weeks. But I kept thinking it was your husband, not mine.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Fish used to use the brahmin avatar, so when Wolfsbane came along, I got imune to thinking people were Fish.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

6. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Another user called JustAFishInAJar (or something very simlar). Is Rosie's hubby, and as far as we know is currently stationed in Iraq. He has the same avatar as Transparent Painting (I personally got a bit confused myself when TP first came around).

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I thought he came back, posted for a few days or so and then stopped. Figured he just got bored. Was he just home on leave?

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

he's home, but he gets sent to the field every other week, so he may as well be gone. and he goes back to Iraq in July *pout*

9. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Well, it is a nice avatar. :)

And, I can change to something else if you want to, but as long as it doesn't cause to much trouble, I'll keep it.

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

That sucks, the desert is a rotten place to be. But what can you do? You cant just leave, otherwise the whole region gets unbalanced and our problems multiply incrementally. Staying sucks cause none of us want to be there. The middle east sucks.

11. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

12. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

13. Transparent Painting

14. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I said that, damn it. Wobbler, find your own quote.

15. Transparent Painting

16. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

17. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure as to however it had already been said, and I was too lazy to check, so... Yeah.

18. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

19. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

20. BadBuckBigShot

BadBuckBigShot New Member

LAUGH MY ARSE OFF!
    IM SORRY THIS IS A BIT LATE
    BUT YOUR HUSBAND IS IN IRAQ?
    DOING WHAT!?
    PLAYING WITH THE NEWEST WEAPONS?
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!
    FUCKING AMERICANS JUST WONT LET UP!

(Iraqi voice) We surrendah!
    (George Bush voice) Not good enough.
    (Iraqi voice) We run away!
    (George Bush voice) Too little, too late! Call me a wimp, c'mon, fuckers, c'mon! Hold him back! Those guys were in hog heaven over there, man. They had a big weapons catalogue opened up.

(Hillbilly voices) What's G-12 do, Tommy? See, it says here it destroys everything but the fillings in their teeth, helps us pay for the war effort. Well, fuck, pull that one up! Pull up G-12, please. SHOOP. BOOM! Cool, what's G-13 do? Big Sears weapons catalogue. 'Weapons, for all occasions!' You know.

See, everyone got boners over the technology, and it was pretty incredible. Watching missiles fly down air vents, pretty unbelievable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? Know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana!" SHOOP. The Stealth Banana. Smart fruit! I don't know. Once again, I was watching the fucking news, and it really threw me off. It depressed everyone, it's so scary watching the news, how they built it all out of proportion, like Iraq was ever, or could ever possibly, under any stretch of the imagination be a threat to us-wwwwhatsoever. But-watching the news, you never would have got that idea. Remember how it started, they kept talking about 'the Elite Republican Guard' in these hushed tones like these guys were the bogeymen or something. Yeah, we're doing well now, but we have yet to face-THE ELITE REPUBLICAN GUARD. Like these guys were twelve feet tall, desert warriors. KRRASH. NEVER LOST A BATTLE! KRRASH. WE SHIT BULLETS! Yeah, well, after two months of continuous carpet bombings and not one reaction at all from them, they became simply, 'the Republican Guard.' Not nearly as elite as we may have led you to believe. And after another month of bombing, they went from 'the Elite Republican Guard' to 'the Republican Guard' to 'the Republicans made this shit up about there being guards out there'. We hope you enjoyed your fireworks show. It was so pretty, and it took our mind off of domestic issues! The Persian Gulf Distraction.

People said, "Uh-uh, Chris, Iraq had the fourth largest army in the world." Yeah, maybe, but you know what? After the first three largest armies, there's a real big fucking drop-off, all right? The Hare Krishnas are the fifth largest army in the world, and they've already got our airports, okay, so. I think that's the greater threat right now. Mr. Onion Head in Terminal C is scaring the shit out of me. Get him away from me. What an amazing thing, though. You know, and the amazing thing, obviously, the disparity and the casualties. Iraq - one hundred and fifty thousand casualties, USA - seventy-nine. Iraq - one hundred and fifty thousand, USA - seventy-nine. Does that mean that if they had sent over eighty guys, we still would have won that fucking thing, or what? One guy in a ticker-take parade:
    (Hillbilly voices) I did it, hey! You're welcome! Good work, Tommy, how'd you do it? I pulled up G-12! It was in the catalogue! Worked like a charm!

Ahhhh Americans. Get me so angry ><

Our Host!