10/20 on an item what the heck is that? Repair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emrys, Sep 24, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Emrys

Emrys New Member

On the bottom right hand side of the item description box, across from the weight of the item, it will give 2 numbers like 400/400 or 10/20 etc with no letters by it. The manual is clunky and i cant find info on items in there and there is no way for me to know what this is without even an abbreviated letter, so what the heck is that?

2. Dromar

Dromar New Member

Its how durable the item is, 400/400 means its at 100% durability. The 10/20 means its 50% damaged.

3. Ioo

Ioo New Member

also if it gets to 0 it's broken, supposedly you can repair it, but u better do that before it brakes. it also loses durability each time u repair.

4. Emrys

Emrys New Member

Where do i repair?

If i am playing a character that is melee and leaning towards the magic side, should i get a repair skill or do it somewhere in towns?

Ahh, the joy of being a newbie again. To much D2 over the last year :smile:

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you lean towards magic too much you will be denied the best reapair blacksmith in tarant. I don't know if the mages blacksmith can reapir. The junk shops doo but they mess up stuff mostly
    In the wheel clan, I though of wow! Master dwarven blacksmith! As he took my shield and reaired it to -20 dura

6. Emrys

Emrys New Member

I tried the 3 main shops in the first town and no luck

I tried the guy with the shop of both magic and tech, i tried loyd, i tried the general store. None prompted to repair my uniform. Any ideas on where to repair int he first town? or how to get them to prompt it?

7. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Nobody in the first town can repair items, so far the best repairer I found was the junkshop at Tarant, near the docks and the one at the boil( the halfling) the max life they take from my equipment is just one and sometimes none at all, hope this helps..:smile:

Also, if your Magic oriented, spending points at repair will lessen your Magic aptitude just like with other tech skills(firearms, etc..), I believe..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skie88 on 2001-09-24 03:33 ]</font>

8. Dromar

Dromar New Member

If you have Master repair skill, it will only loose durability on a criticle fail when repairing, which hardly happens at all, better then a black smith too :smile:

9. Milo

Milo New Member

Plus w/Master Repair, you can repair broken items too. Ones w/zero durability and are colored red.

I wouldn't know first-hand, though. Somehow, I can't see myself ever spending the necessary CPs to master the repair skill.

Our Host!