America's Army!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Oct 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

well? what should i do?

1. Play it motherfucker! what are you? some kind of pansy?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO! DONT PLAY IT! ITS A TRICK! (there are hidden subliminal messages!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

http://www.americasarmy.com/[url] ...s will start using this as a training tool...

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yeah, and they are all fit for being soldiers, right?

That may very well be, but playing a game and doing the actual thing in reality are two completely different things. I don't really think you can value a persons capability on the battlefield by measuring his skills as a player. I mean, even if a kid is good at Colin McRae, that doesn't automatically give him a driving license, does it?

Starcraft for 17 years and older only? What kind of a place is America? Well, in that case this teen rating is a bit difficult to understand (but they have the government backing up as you said)

5. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Copy and paste url.

This is a moot point, but Hidden and Dangerous is better, IMHO. And it is also free.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The US media blamed Marilyn Manson for Columbine. It really isn't that easy to gauge their stupidity.

7. Icairus

Icairus New Member

If you like uninspired First Person Shooters, then America's Army is for you. The US government has never, ever used anything resembling subtlety, so I would not worry about subliminal messages, just wory about the Giant Signs in the game that say "JOIN THE ARMY" because that is about as subtle as they get.
    Now that I am done telling you why it is fine to play the game, allow me to tell you why you should not. It sucks. It was written to be close to reality, not to make gameplay interesting.
    Now, make your own decision, and remember that your political views, and mine, that know that the US government and its Army suck, should not come into play.
    (PRE-EDIT-That last sentence should have had a semicolon in there somewhere, but I am to lazy to fix it)

Our Host!