Save Games Wanted

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by DKoepp, Jun 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

What about a purple gnome gun, someone has to put those little bastards to use somehow. Damn aristocracy.

2. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

Maybe i am saying something stupid but why dont you use itembank at terra arcanum main page

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Because that doesn't ACTUALLY make items. We aren't talking about just pretending to make stuff, the editor can make actual .pro files for use in Arcanum.

(I didn't take a very detailed look at the item bank, and if there is some super-secret way to make items that I didn't see, sorry)

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'm sure virgil would too ;)

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Of course Virgil would need an automatic condom placer so he can enjoy the sheep, God knows he too stupid and ignorant to do anything himself.

6. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

SO he can use world editor can't he

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I'm scheming on a weapon to create for my game... Virgil's Condom Placer!! heh... it could be a shield... for protection!! :lol: hmm... and then a sheep launcher as a weapon... Virgil's Sheep for Raping Launcher!! then there's my idea to create my own line of fasion wear for Arcanum (BUY THORN WEAR! THE HOTTEST APPEREAL OF THE AGES!!!)

edit: that was kinda grave-diggin what ya did, but oh well.... it's not like this board'll complain... :roll:

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

YES, WE WILL!!! RAGE RAGE RAGE COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN!

No but the only problem with the editor is that you can ONLY make weapons. Your condom placer needs to wait, sorry. Another problem is that the graphics are uneditable through the editor, which sucks because I am right now trying to make crossbows. The whole making of new art confuses me, where's Beddoes when you need him? You know where, he's probably out living. So selfish. :lol: :p

9. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

What's the latest on the item editor? Any progress? Can you send me some tips on creating items for mods? I'd really like to make some interesting items that I think are missing from the game that should be there, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting started. Just for example, there is NO magickal equivalent to the Helm of Vision and it seems to me that there should be one.

Sinbad 8)

10. Silvio-Arjunza

yea... has anyone heard from Dkoepp? I've heard he's haunted these halls from tyme to tyme, but no true word from him... oh, and did anyone know that if you stick a toothpick in jello, then pull it out, the hole disappears? ... sorry bout that... just discovered that... :D but what's the difference between making weapons and making other items? the way they are coded or what?

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I have news of it. I talk to dkoepp alot, were actually working on something for my expansion to the actual game. Unfortunately, I don't believe he's actually had the chance to delve into the nether-reaches of the editor lately. He aparently has yet to tackle the graphics problem, and numerous other things. Etc, etc, he's procrastinating, but no one else can do it so screw anyone who's mad.

12. Silvio-Arjunza

I'm not angry, and I apologize if I came across as that... I just am somewhere between growing impatient (which I aplogize for) and giddy wiating for it to finish... if Dkoepp needs help, if he expalined what needs to be done to me I'd be more than willing to help with it...

13. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Ok here is the current status of the project. Weapon prototypes seem ok except for projectile graphic problems which I am currently looking at and hope to resolve soon. Tonight I added generic and food item making to it, though I have yet to test it for bugs. I am hoping to get some testing in tonight on these. As for the savegame portion of the editor nothing more then a layout change has been finished at the time. I am still looking to collect more save games from various points in the game with various items to help with item editing. Health still eludes my clutches as well. I am thinking of releasing a new version as soon as i work out the projectile graphic problem as that seems to be the last major bug in the weapon pro portion.

Our Host!