Don't lean on the newbies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadygrove, Sep 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You know :sniff:, it just ain't HoL if people aren't either bitching about people bitching, bitching about people bitching about the board, bitching about people bitching in the board about something else, or a combination of the above.

:sniff: I love you guys. Kisses?

One reason I haven't been around is quite simply the calibre of the people posting. Back 'in the day' (thus this post now falls into category #2, bitching about the board), you had the likes of Sheriff_Fatman who could always pull some of the good shit out, Milo would make some post which was funny, not because OMFG he posted a picture of his ass but because he made a post that's funny in The Milo Way™. Then you had the rest of us who had some semblance of intelligent conversation (or at least, I'd like to think).

Now, there are a bunch of people that I don't know (because I haven't been around) who seem to do little more than talk about their post counts and have the inane ability to fill a whole page of any thread with replies back and forth between just 2 or 3 people. Most threads are filled with people bitching at each other. The problem is, there's no effort in the bitching, it's just "you're a fucking moron", "fuck you asshole" etc... Where's the love, or at least the semi-funny hate?

To sum up, it's all the newbies fault and if you all died, HoL would be a better place. Amen. :wavey:

2. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

Thank you DU, but I'll decline the kisses :roll:. I know that I don't really go very hard at insulting someone because I'm afraid of Backlash from Jar, or Snow... mainly Jar... anyway.... none of us Newbs know how to hold an intelligent conversation... no, I take that back, we can hold an intelligent conversation, but most of us try to keep it fairly mild so as not to offend others (note: this is running of my logic)... minus the Lizard post, which is more a joke than anything :lol: there hasn't been too much back-n-forth activity... well, that doesn't include me or Sleek anyway... and how can you expect things to be like the old days? (I recall... Jar? no, I dunno who, someone said that) I'm not Shieriff Fat_Man, and I doubt that anyone is going to try to, or could replace him... this is a different group, learn to deal with us... otherwise we'lll wander away... oh, and a question, (I feel stupid for asking this) but while we're at it? HOW DO YOU CLOTHE MY PEOPLE?! I've got an entire area for you to fight in (it's gonna be a place like ''the cold place'' or ''the bog'') and none of the dark elves, or anyone are wearing any clothes! I can't figure out how to get them wearing some, feh... I suppose I should give in on doing this with out major assistance and look up AMTUT... alright, I surrender... ArcWorldED is too damn complex to be done by one.

3. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

It's the same everywhere, as long as you give respect and aren't a chode-bag people don't seem to mind you. Well, some of us learn that the hard way, but I hope at least everyone learns that.

I've not been here too long(Yet hopefully I'm not considered a newbie still despite my pathetic post count) and I only post when I remember to open my favorites, but all in all you're a very good community of online people. Shit after dealing with any place else HoL is almost a break to me. It's one of the few places I don't have to have some kind of internet slang vomited at my moniter. Or people telling me they live in better states than me.(Fuck everyone who plays Age of Mythology and is just a bigtime hater because Thor rocks ass.)

About what Retard said about the not responding thing, I know I'm guilty of laughing my fucking ass off at what some of you guys post. It seriously has me rolling but I just decide not to post as to take away the whole coolness factor of it to me, or just decide against posting for no real reason and feel like it's spamming or something. Then Retard has to go and post something like that and make me feel bad.

Shit. This whole thread is too serious. Kill some time here

http://www.popcap.com/

Fuck insanaquarium for being so fun.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Thanks Evileyesban, don't feel bad.

Hey, you remember the first post I made directed to you when you were a newbie? I mean on like your 2nd or 3rd post. I all jumped on your ass for "spamming" Guess I really have started to turn into a ass. You've turned out to be one of the funniest people here. And you always post the greatest links. I ..... I think I'm in love with you..

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

1) Stick your people in.
    2) Put the clothes you want ON THE GROUND next to the people you want to clothe.
    3) Click and drag the clothes from the ground, over to the people, HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY and then release the mouse button.
    4) If the clothing is right (IE: Small clothes for Gnomes/Halflings etc, large clothers for Ogrs and so on) then your NPC should now be wearing something.

Important steps: Put clothes on the ground FIRST, also remember to hold down the SHIFT key when clothing.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

[rant]/ I wish I was a good flamer. I can't be no old school representation to the boards. It's more like new school newbification.

Canis got on me for being a stupid ass in one of the other boards, and I tried to reflame. It didn't work, I just made made myself a bigger ass. Then my flames lit my own ass on fire. Then I had to stick my head up my ass to put it out, not that my head isn't up my ass normally, it's jus now I had to do it, and that's always less fun than when you choose too.

I do have a question though. If 451 degrees is the flashpoint for paper, what is the flashpoint for the boards? I know I flash very easily, it only takes about 3 beers, or 2 and a very successful beer pong game, but what about the boards. Php probably has smaller tits than I do though, so it might not be as enjoyable as me. I'm thinking if they get any bigger I could use them and my stomach as a drum set. Maybe I could use beer cans as cymbals, spelling?, then I could really rock on.

I have no idea what any of your other posts are Evil, but what the fuck, I think your the funniest person here too. Your funnier than me, although so are most people, many small animals, whales, extreme religious organizations, politics, and the the letter Y, only because I learned the thing where all consanants are guys, Mr. S and Mr. B, and all vowels are girls, Mrs. A, which makes Y a transsexual.

Speaking of which, how come there are bees but no other lettter animals, like dees, or doubleyoos. But anyway, you seem funny, and I am currently rather intoxicated and up at 1:15 AM NYC time. I need some sleep, and maybe a shower.

Damn, stupid Rich. He's one of my sister's friends, and he was wiping down the table while I was playing, beer pong obviously. But I had taken off my shirt, because I was kinda hot, although I am very hot in other ways, but I mean in the way the I was sweating. But instead of grabbing the Official Beer Pong Table Wiping Towel we have, he grabs my shirt, and of course I don't realize this. So when I put my shirt back on, I'm covered in beer. And now I smell like the crappy Natty Ice my sister buys.

If it was Coors I wouldn't mind, because I like Coors more, but Natty Ice is terrible, so now I'm mad. anyway I've ranted enough for now, and I'm really tired. tommorrow's Saturday, and I don't have school, so I can sp hell out of you, although I won't, because I have to go to the mall and get Night at the Roxbury :D :D :D

Stupid kid wiped me out, and now I need to rebuild my collection. He didn't hit my games, but all my music is gone, although I did find some Brittney Spears my cousin forgot one time she visited. I only have like 3 cds of my own though, one scratched beyond hope, the other is blues :???: , and the third is system, at least it's something though :/ Ah well, my ranting is done, good night, and good posting. I sound all almost professional when I do that :) [rant]\

7. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

I'd just like to mention I have no idea what Matt Thorn just said aside from the fact he likes pingpong and has a nice rack.

8. Silvio-Arjunza

that was Blinky, not I, I dislike beer... bad taste... and I don't got a damned clue what beer-pong is... and I am, flat as a board, not in good shape (yet) but flat... I'm not one who's starting the need for a bra... and while I may be around the middle to end of puberty, I doubt I will be getting any breasts... (though some of my girl-friends say I've got a great ass :lol: ) he was basically saying this: his shirt is beer stained, his CDs got jacked, he's drunk, he smells like beer, he's sweating, and is probably sleeping off a hang-over. but other than that I can't say much about him... other than the fact he's got as good of a sense of humor as Milo or EEB, or any other funny person on the board.... :lol: :D :lol:

PS: Blinky, I dunno if you could get the board to flash, but with a couple beers you MIGHT be able to get Snow to (I think I just hung myself)... though it depends on what kinda person Snow is... if she's Mormon you've got no hope, but if she isn't you might have a chance... (no offense to any mormons)

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Now you're just taking the whole fun away Snowie. ;) I'll try doing it your way nevertheless.

M_T as for your comment regarding my taste in women:
    "Matt_Thorn, please do not disagree with me. You may be uncertain of the rules, but here at HoL, we consider this against the rules. Please keep this in mind. Thanks, and have fun at HoL."

10. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Hey Jar, you forgot Ioo's spamming days.. :lol:
    Your right though, those were the best days I have here, despite being a newbie then, and despite all those useless post we somehow manage to help a lot of players as well.. :)

Golden age?? Speaking like the old man that you are hehe :p

p.s. When did you become an admin? I guess theyre desperate eh.. :p

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, loo was one of the coolest people to grace the boards in my opinion. Sure, he launched flame attacks on newbies the like of which have never been seen before, and he spammed a fair bit, but I thought he was cool. A kindred spirit if you will, although I doubt he'd agree with me on that point.

I'm not really an admin, all I do is moderate the Vampire forum, and post news. But you're right, a pretty desperate move ;). You should stick around Skie, try and help bring back the forum glory of the boards. It won't be the same as it was, but you can say that about a lot of things.

12. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

I think ill visit a lot more often.. Im planning on upgrading my pc so that i can play Arcanum again and ToEE..;)

Besides, Im way lagging in the postcount department, I should at least upgrade my rifle to the one Dragoon has,
    or else i'll have no chance when he get angry at me, imagine a one shot rifle going against a 36 shot one.. :lol:

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

EVIL! How could you get me mixed up with Matt! :-o :-o We both might be studip and annoying, but I'm infinately more so!!!!!!!! You hurt my feelings by degrading me like that :cry: :cry:

Anyone who doesn't know what beer pong is, although I don't know how you couldn't, because it's the best game in the world. It's actually my favorite sport, followed by basketball and football. Wow, I seem like Harvard material now don't I ;) :cool:_

Beer pong works like this. You can play doubles or singles. Singles you have 6 cups, doubles you have 10. you take 1 beer in singles, and you divided it among he cups, you use 2 beers in doubles. Then you get 2 ping pong balls. Whoever starts throws a ball nd tries to get it in the opposing player's cups. If he does, then the other player has to drink that cup. If you bounce it in, they have to drink the cup it landed in AND another cup, of their choice. If you and your team mate both get the balls in they come back to you and you get to shoot again. It's really fun.

I do need to stop drinking though. I'm a guy, who at 16 has B cups. Need to exersice. Maybe then I won't get so tired eating.

14. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hey, Blink Blinky dogg, the quality of your posting has just increased 3 fold. Congratulations. You made a retard laugh. You have gained a level! Flawless post! Finish me off!¹

¹To be taken as a gay comment, as always.

15. Silvio-Arjunza

I've got to acadmit Blinky, I woulda put it the other way around... me the bigger idiot... :) :) :) and you've got B cups? :lol: your bigger than some girls in my grade!! god... that's depressing... maybe we should like cut it off you and transfer it to them... a couple of them need it... BAD! lol... we've got one girl who is 5'3 and 84lb. her arms are as big around as pencils... seriously... and she's not disabled she's just really, really, somewhat unhealthly small... :???:

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude, my sister's like that. 90 pounds, or like 30 kilograms for our weird metric friends. She's 5"1'. I can't believe she's related to me, I'm 6 foot and 225. But if you want your grade to look better, you could just get drunk, always works for me. Too well sometimes, the morning after isn't so nice when you turn over and that girl you always called Sarah Sumo is gazing lovingly into your eyes :???: :throwup:

Retard, I've never really gotten that drunk. And when I do I don't remember, so it doesn't count anyway, right? :/

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i believe matt is about 14, i dont think getting drunk in school is really going to help him...

18. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Whoa sorry about that Matt/Blinky. After awhile the names sort of just mesh together and I only look at the avatars.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

6 foot and 225 pounds? Holy crap, you're one fat bastard. I'm about 5'10, 5'11 and I weight about 160 I think. It's hard converting to that outdated imperial system.

Matt, try using sentences, instead of just the never ending amounts of '...' to connect all your thoughts. It makes it so hard to read.

P.S. You overdo the smilies as well.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

dude thats not cool, i think blinky's a girl. besides this is america, we're all slightly overweight, its the christian/republican/country music/arab hating thing to do. the way i see it, the more we eat, the more we starve those godless arab sons of bitches! pass me the spare ribs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!