I'm back!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Sep 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which of the 300+ people on the California Governor Ballot would you vote for?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2003.
  1. Arnold "The Terminator" Schwartzenagger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. the prostitute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. the stripper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. the bulldog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. the rabbi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. who cares?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Remember it the 'terminator' movies when Arnold's character said

Well I bet that nobody ever thought that it would be as governor. Yet it should not surprise us that this is happening in California, where on this same ballot there is a prostitute, stripper, and a f'ing bulldog!

I mean, California has never really been a surprise and we all know that 'anything can happen in Hollywood' But what's the deal here? The former/current governor was only in office when the petition for a recall began to circulate! The next thing you know that damn bulldog will the mayor of somewhere!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    When you consider what candidates there are, you get to wonder what skills that are required from a guvernor. Not many, as it seems.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Especially since he made the announcent nearly a month ago.

Well since you're so interested.... The feeling among the Get Rid of Bush campaigners with whom I work is that the GOP wants to install a Republican governor so he'll appoint a Republican Secretary of State who'll obstruct the votes in the next presidential election. The Republicans have written off California and this is their best strategy to salvage at least something from the state.

Um, this has happened with every California governor for as long as I can remember. That's why it took so long for the Democrats and other lefties to take the recall campaign seriously; this ALWAYS happens, but obviously this is the first time in recent history that it's gone anywhere.

The governor is expected and required to perform certain duties, but not to possess any skills. Anyone who meets the minimum requirements of age, citizenship, and residency may run. Well there may be other small requirements, but that's pretty much it.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Not to mention he has been active in politics for some time, and there has been speculation whether he would run for governor or not.

5. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I think Arnold will make a good govenor, which is, if you think about it... a slightly depressing thing... b/c it means the best politicians we have are crazy actors!!

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Would you care to tell us why he would make a good governor. It's not like he's spoken out on any of the issues, and his experience is limited to being married to a Kennedy. The safest plan right now is the "No on the Recall, Yes to Bustamante" approach. Not ideal, but at least it would keep the Republicans out. As I already voted for Davis, I'd personally like to see him serve out his term, but that's just me I guess.

Where are you from, by the way? It gets a little tiring hearing this sort of thing from out-of-staters. Do I give a rat's ass about who should be governor of Nebraska? No, I don't. Yokels with no interesting local politics of their own should stay the hell out of our affairs.

Of course if you're a Californian, spew away. :)

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I think he'd be a good governor because he has political experience. doenst he? i mean he made that gubernatorial documentry "Total Recall" didnt he? its like the same situation in California right now isnt it?

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh. My. GOD. I like SO didn't ever think of using a movie cliche in conjunction with Arnold's campaign. I mean, I watch the news every day and NOBODY is using movie cliches, not even Arnold! Hey, I bet if he started using cliches and one liners more people would vote for him! HEY!!! Maybe YOU should write to him and suggest a few! Maybe this is just the epiphany he needs to get things rolling! You could save us all from the Twin Terminators of Sacramento!!! Ooo, ooo, that's a good one too, make sure you mention it to him.

Translation: If you're totally ignorant about the subject matter try to keep a lid on it, kiddo.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

what? i'm just mocking matt thorn and his lack of ability to see that arnold is an idiot who is just being put in place so the republicans can strip away all of CA's environmental regulations and exxon, shell and oil companies in general can litter the coastal horizon with unseamly oil rigs, etc. not to mention gain support senatorial in the most liberal state for possible upcoming legislation against gay marriage.

wait till you say somethin cheesy and i track you down and slit your throat, then we'll see whose laughing, (or at least doing so without having blood bubble out of the hole in their neck at the same time) ass hole.

whoah, that was pretty hostile huh? i didnt really mean all that about tracking you down etc. i just felt the need to one up you on your original unwaranted hostility etc. in your last post. lighten up eh?

10. Canis

Canis New Member

If you wish to mock any particular poster, you should probably put more effort into being clear. Your post didn't come off as mocking anyone, it just made you look like a bigger idiot than usual. Maybe one day you'll go to junior college and they'll (try to) teach you about critical thinking and effective writing skills.

Oh, and you do know that Arnold supports gay marriage, abortion, and environmental responsiblility, right? Which is not to say that's he'd be powerful enough to control all the other Republicans who come in with him, but still. This recall is already enough of a joke without ignorant children piping up about it in an effort to be clever.

By the way, the whole "track you down and slit your throat" thing has been PLAYED. You've got to be the third or fourth person on this board to say that to me, and it's a little tired. Did I mention that my German Shepherd Dog is a Schutzhund champion? :)

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

uhhhhh, wow you can be a huge jerk cant you?

besides its not about what arnold thinks, its about which pair of republican shoulders hes riding in on. but anyway how old do you think i am? i'm in college, may be one day you'll get knocked over the back of the head and wake up with syphillus and no shoes? so why dont you just fuck off.

12. Canis

Canis New Member

Arnold is not riding in on anyone's shoulders. Other Republicans are hoping to ride in on his, and then to control his administration so that California will give up its protests based on state's rights and comply with the Clean Air and Healthy Forests initiatives, as well as cast a cloud over the next presidential election. Like I said, you need to think things through and write a bit clearer.

Yes that's right, I'm the huge jerk. :roll: Honestly, based on your posts I had the impression that you were maybe 15, 16 tops. Definitely not out of puberty yet, that's a given.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok ok ok, we're both being extremely mean. may be one of us has our stick slightly further up our ass than the other, but that doesnt matter, i'm not looking to make any enemies in this forum, especially those with informed opinions etc. so i apologetize, and i forgive you. "i think we both have room to grow as individuals, and that its not to late for us to save our relationship, if not for love, then for the children." apology accepted? :thumbup: :thumbdown: :-?

14. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I think that Arnold is just begging someone to try and "buy" him. I was watching Leno some time ago ans Arnold happened to be on and he said:
    Which I think most people interpereted as he has so much money that no sum could be appealing to him. But, I think that he meant if you want to buy me you better have a helluva lot of dough, and then I'll gladly take it! :) :cry: :x

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Hey your 3 happy faces are the 3 primary colors :D

I just think he was stupid to not be in that debate.

16. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I'm a kid from Washington, I dislike Bush, I care nothing for Californian politics... but the thought that people are considering to vote for him is a pretty damn funny one... hey, if he loses, and gives a speech afterward, do you think he'll end it with "I'll be back!" seriously... I don't care who is the governor... I just think it would be funny to have Arnold as one... :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

P.S Canis: you don't need to be so fast to jump down my throat when I make a comment about politics... or, anything for that matter...

17. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The whole thing's pretty fucked up. Any state where an election can be called nine months AFTER an election just because a bunch of people effectively sign a petition asking for one, deserves to have some kind of cookamaney elected as governor (whether that just happens to be an actor, prostitue or a dog).

18. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Speaking of being 'back'. So am I!

Dusting off Arcanum again (can I ever let it alone?) I return in the guise of Captain Electrik!

Hi everyone that I hardly knew before! I promise to hang around more often!

19. Stuart

Stuart New Member

I seem to recall that the Shadowrun rpg named Arnold as President of the US. Or at least governor, I'm not entirely sure.
    The funny thing is that Shadowrun was written and published around 1990.

-Stuart

20. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I'm gonna hafta call bullshit on this one. Arnold has clearly stated that he supports gay partnerships only, not marriage.

My $.02

Our Host!