ATTENTION NEWCOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Sep 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I wish for any individual that is new or fairly new(less than 50 or 60 posts) to learn from the ill fate that befell me:

1) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POST LIKE A REGULAR - I learned the hard way that one cannot simply dive right in and act as a regular until you have built up a name for yourself and have a general acceptance of yourself by regulars.

2) IT IS BEST TO LAY LOW MORE OFTEN THAN NOT - Unless someone starts something with you first, then it is just easier on everyone if a "n00b" (as they are referred to) more or less keeps to themselves.

3) AVOID, AT ALL COSTS, SLANDERING MODERATORS, ANYONE OF POWER, OR ANY REGULAR - Until time comes that you yourself are considered a regular, or are well liked by most. At such time you could begin to walk on the ground known as cutting wit, but tread lightly!

4) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND SANITY FOREGO DOING/SAYING ANYTHING THAT IS STUPID - I think that this one is self-explainitory. Stupid comments will more than likely lead to ridicule of stupidity.

I hope that this may be helpful to at least one newcomer.(please make this a sticky or append it to jar's sticky and lock it)

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

You must learn to harness your stupidity and use it for comical purposes :)

3. gargob

gargob New Member

Is this rule even proper?
    Just obey this rule if you're a dickhead.
    Am I a regular?

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I think he was just referring to the attitude. Just don't immediately start writing like you know what everyone is talking about, especially when they're discussing the past, or that you own the place. There have been occaisions where newbies just jump in headlong into a conversation about 'the old days' without even realising what or who they are talking about. Silly Newbies. :roll:

It's just common sense on any forum to sound out who you are dealing with first, before striking up on any 'headlong' threads.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

ATTENTION NEWCOMERS: DON'T POST AT ALL AND YOU'LL HAVE NO TROUBLE* ;)

*No Regulars'(tm) guarantee.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If you don't need Ex-Lax or Metamusil I suppose you are regular enough.

7. Heritage

Heritage New Member

Hello, I'm a small and fragile newbie. This forum seems very nice. Please don't crush me :)

8. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

This, mr. Heritage, is referred to as 'Gravedigging'. That means taking a very old post and bringing it right back to the top. This is really not appreciated by the regulars. :D

9. gargob

gargob New Member

That wasn't gravedigging.
    This is.

10. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Oh, poop. I looked at the wrong dates. Now who's the newbie?
    (I have embarassed myself yet again)

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

What RC-whatever is trying to say is that he was wrong and sorry.
    Welcome to the forum :wavey:

12. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

you know... I've got admit that I feel sorry for the NooBs who need that... I myself am a noob on this board, but I know those rules, as I have been a member of many other boards... I think those who don't have those rules as 'common-sense' have never used a board before, I mean... those are a good things to point out, but it shouldn't need to be pointed out... one would hope that the newbs have enough knowledge in thier head to know when to draw the line. :roll: :lol: :roll:

Our Host!