America says FUCK OFF to the United Nations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Aug 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

what do you think?

1. a) i agree with you, we just want oil for our SUVs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. b) i disagree with you, you're a liar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. c) i agree with you, but i think its america's place to lead the world into the new millenium (on a

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. d) i'm not from america and the people who selected C told me to shut up and and start making nike t

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I don't think I have anything against any particular race.

2. gargob

gargob New Member

I just thought of something some Americans are decended from the English and for sure those Americans killed some Pilipinos but I can't make an unfair generalization because I'm also part English. BTW who discovered America the English or Spainards? If it's either of those two there goes kmy hate for Americans.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Er, actually it would probably be the Native Americans.

4. gargob

gargob New Member

No I mean the ones who Columbus was with.
    BTW nice avatar.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Columbus was an Italian.
    He was funded by Spain.
    Vikings made their way to America long before Chris did.
    There were already people in America so Columbus didn't discover anything unkown, he just something that Europe didn't really know about.
    Also, Columbus was a fool. He thought that India would be a short sail from Spain if he went West.

It's late and I'm tired so this might not all be correct, but I'm reasonably sure it is.

6. ryoki007

ryoki007 New Member

Personally as a combat veteran, disabled from the middle east from the USAF I did not see the value of invading Iraq other that on a purely oil basis. Not one American live can justify the actions our government took. We live in a country where you can get a huge tax break from buying a SUV for your business, our president admits he dislikes environmentalists and he comes from a family of oil men. Is this bashing the US? I am loosly quoting from Noam Chomsky, a person weho recognizes wrong in thier govenment and tries to correct it is the only true believer in democracy. When these soliders come back home battered and disabled they will face barely any benifits and the worst healthcare system in the developed world (The VA healthcare system). I am service connected disabled from 3 war zones, I was in a bombing commited by Osama Bin Ladin (Kohbar Towers, SA) but when I came home I was realesed from service with a 40% rating(100% gets 2300 a month I get 420 a month) from 3 disabilities paid and 14 non paid, I wait 6 months to 1 1/2 years just to see a doctor. If the president is so concerned with human life, Iraq human life, don't you think he would have taken care of our veterans here at least? He ups the defense budget, but tries to lower the VA budget, humm, does that make sense? :thumbdown: Personally I mailed my service ribbons back to the white house when we went to war with Iraq. All those who say it I am America bashing should get off their arse and join up, then they would understand that what I say is true. While most of you were watching Survivor, I was in survival school or getting shot at in various hot zones. If you want to change things like I do, vote to get ex-coke addicts like Bush out of office. Petition your congree for better benifits for those that ensured you can make internet posts and check out the maybe even check out the Green Party. Oh by the way, I am a female who flew for the USAF gentlemen and I volunteered for flying combat duty. Personnaly I think our troops should come HOME!

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The way it is now, the UN is a mockery. Putting Libya in charge of Human Rights commission alone was enough of a proof. The UN should not be told to fuck off, it should be disbanded and created again, with rules that would make at least a little bit of sense, just like the League of the Nations was.

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I couldn't resist pointing and laughing. HAHAAA! ---7

Demosthenes, I read in an old National Geographic that Irish monks might very well have discovered the Americas even BEFORE the Vikings. The Geographic Society built a historically accurate vessel and had it manned in historical fashion (provisions and all) and the team of sailors was able to make the ocean crossing, although it was difficult. Their voyage paralleled some ancient writings that the monks had put down before the Vikings had risen to power.

I would like to say that I agree wholeheartedly with what ryoki and Solaris have previously posted. Welcome to the House of Lords, ryoki007!

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ryoki i completely agree with you, and your story actually brought a tear to my eye. noam chomsky is a genius (though i'm skeptical when it comes to the idea of socail anarchy, i dont necessarily think the changes he proposes are feasible over the coarse of one, or even two generations, though i do believe that we could one day find a middle ground, hopefully through an organization like the UN) another person to check out is jello biafra. his music and spoken word are what sort of sparked my attention to politics a few years ago, back when i was a freshman (19 and attending jr college now, hopefully not for long) but anyway. i really appreciate where you're coming from and if more of america's voters would pay you the attention you, and your fellow veterans deserve, then perhaps our international policies wouldnt scream "manifest destiny" quite so much.

as for you, retard, i'm from New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, & California (i've spent just about an equal amount of time in both) and i currently reside in Virginia, and i'll bitch about foreign policy as much as i damn well please. We havent invaded Kuwait because they dont give us any trouble because the rich and powerful there have it so good. And even if we did, you say "no resistence" i say, LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON IN IRAQ AS WE TYPE. More US soldiers have DIED sonce the war ENDED than died during the war!

and gargob, dont hate alll americans just because a few of us are ass holes, its just that when you have a country as free as ours you get all the liberals out writing books and then all the right-wingers decide its time to invade mexico (william randolph herst was a very bad guy(and yes i know he was a publisher, but he was rich and a lot of his money went into the yellow journalism that helped spread fear of hispanics and fuel america's desire for the spanish american war) but anyway. i thought the place was spelled Phillipines, but people from there were Fillipinos? just wondering because when i lived in CA and went to high school there there was a large Fillipino population and the Fillipino culture club at my school spelled it that way... just thought i'd ask.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yes OUR troops would be out of harms way, but instead, the troops of a coalition that was against the whole damn thing in the frist place would be in harms way. why should they have to finish something we started? and the fact that we said it would be ok with us as long as there was an american in charge is even more inflamatory if you ask me. Bush is on arrogant ass hole if you ask me.

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No, the asian view of nationality is different than ours. Chineese living abroad for generations, even centuries still considered themselves Chineese. Japinese too. That is why Gargob is so insulted over his cousins who didn't really remember they arer Chineese.

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

This is somewhat true, he did think he could get to India, but he did not think he was in India, the Native Americans were called Indians because Colombus wrote they were "una gente in dios"

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

He thought he could get to India because he thought the Earth was smaller than it actually was. He wasn't a fool; he may have gotten that wrong but at least he didn't believe that the Earth was flat as most people did. He had based his calculations on the work of a Greek mathemathician (don't remember who) and he thought that India and Spain were near enough to sail from one to the other. He wasn't prepared for a trip as long as the one he did; he thought it would be much shorter. Actually, not too long before he arrived to America some of his crew began to mutiny, because they were beginning to lack food and some of them were afraid to keep on sailing because they believed that they would fall over the edge of the world, or some monsters would attack them. If America hadn't been in Columbus' way, his expedition wouldn't have made it to India. I think that at least one of his three ships was lost before reaching America.

Icairus wrote:
    Are you sure this is so? I think he did think he had reached India (for a while, at least) and the word "in" doesn't exist in Spanish anyway. Hmm...

As for the Chinese view of nationalism, well, "nation" is roughly defined as being a group of people who share certain customs, language, religion, culture, traditions, etc. So if you moved to a different country but retained all those things, you could still consider yourself a member of the nation you started in, although you wouldn't belong to the same state, of course. People from a particular nation who migrate to other countries often try to form communities between themselves to keep their own traditions and customs, although in time some may slowly acquire their host country's culture. This is more frequent in the children of those people, because they are much more influenced by the culture they live in.

I thoroughly agree with Sleek_Jeek about the troops issue. It's as if I wanted someone's lunch and I punched him, took his lunch, and then asked a friend who is rather less agressive to calm him down while I kept myself out of reach and made sure I still got to keep his lunch. I mean, first Bush attacks Iraq -paying absolutely no heed to the UN, who [/i]did not want them to do so, and said it explicitly-, wins, establishes an occupation army in the place, and then tries to switch that for troops of the very organization he completely ignored in order to attack in the first place. And, on top of that, he demands that an American be placed in charge, so as to keep the whole thing under the control of the American government and make sure the oil goes to them. If I were the Secretary General of the UN I would be really pissed off by the whole affair. :x

14. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well, if the UN is stupid enough to go along with something that gives us so much power over their forces and the future of Iraq, let them.

15. gargob

gargob New Member

Even though I don't like Americans that much I agree with Phoenix let idoits be idoits.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I've never really understood how you can dislike a certain nationality. Of course, I'm pretty easy-going and like most people.

17. gargob

gargob New Member

I already told you it's not rational.
    Even I can't figure it out.
    Well some parts I did.
    But most of the racism against them is gone due to some topic.
    Oh, I remember it was this topic.

18. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

A Dutch friend once told me, "Here in Europe mostly we don't like the last people other than ourselves to run our country. Except the French. Nobody likes the French. Even the French don't like the French."

The confusing one for me is religon. You have to know what way a person worships before you can decide wether to like him or not? Well except for those religous geeks who knock on my door at 8 in the morning. Them I can dislike. Besides, what kind of god asks his followers to get up a 6AM so they can wake me up at 8?

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

of course! what a great solution! let idiots be idiots! screw the poor czech, polish, and poor europian (european?) troops in general, that would be losing their lives so that our boys could get back to their TIVO and Hummer 2's.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well they abandoned us when we wanted their help, so if this is payback fine by me.

Our Host!