My day at the driving centre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Aug 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Hmm... where did they say this?

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'm just making presumptions about their right wing, bible belt politics

3. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Only make presumptions when there is something sturdy to back it up, not just your dislike of the people.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i dont dislike the people! there is just a higher rate of drunk driving in the "southern" states.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

There is? Where did you get that info?

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hahaha, i got it here

http://www.madd.org/stats/0,1056,6914,00.html

look at texas, alabama, and tennesse, georgia, florida, etc. then compare them to places like delaware and maine. i'm sorry but you cant argue with numbers, they cant here you. of course, california is up there with texas, but CA has a wide variety of wackos, trust me, same with new york, the populations are to large for this to be any other way. but compare florida, georgia, etc with the midwestern states and youll see what i'm talking about.

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

sorry to jump into the conv and back track a bit, but I figured that since someone mentioned iced lakes I should tell you of my brother... and the fate of the car he drove...

my brother was out driving with one of his friends in remote WA (he didn't say where exactly) and they came across a frozen over lake... after stopping to make sure it didn't shatter when they walked across it, they inched his MR2 onto it, then, sure that the ice would hold, pushed it off the ice, backed up as far as they could go, and floored it onto the ice... he says they were doing about 60mph when they hit the ice, then he threw the wheel... :D he says that they were doing 60mph across a frozen lake... well, except that they were kinda spinning control-lessly... he says after they did that a couple more tymes they pushed the car back onto the road, and drove home, where I was enlightened on the tale... about two months later he discovered that you cannot do 110 mph uphill on a logging road in an MR2, and for that matter, never tried again... b/c the effort ended up with a cracked engine block (he is MAJORLY jinxed when it comes to cars) and quite a few other problems... he still has the car... but how well it runs is HIGHLY questionable...

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

You might want to look at your numbers again. It runs fairly evenly accross the board percentage wise. Yes some were a good deal lower, but for the most part they stayed pretty close. And the highest I saw was Rhode Island. Be more careful of your numbers next time.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yes yes great, percentages, but which states had THE GREATEST NUMBER of FATALITIES RELATED TO ALCOHOL, you're saying that because rhode island had 46/84 deaths related to alcohol that thats worse than the 471 dead in tennessee for the same reason? i think you're a victim of fuzzy logic. thats like saying i'm the best choice to carry that piano up the hill on my back, as opposed to the U-Hall van we rented, because my fuel economy is best, (i use 0 gallons of gas per mile).

it doesnt matter anyway, the southern states have MORE deaths related to alcohol every year.

Our Host!