Hey, remember that "Star Wars Kid"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EvilEyesBan, Aug 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Would you prance around with a golf-ball retriever for $160,000?

1. Hell yeah, easy money and I need to buy some more supplies for stalking Snowmane!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way, I couldn't take that kind of shit, man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. (Retard only option, mother-fuckers)I've fucked pigs for less money! Where's that golf-ball retrieve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Who's the Star-Wars-Again?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

It turns out, that kid, or his parents rather are suing the kids who got the video of him, and posted it on the internet for about $160,000 dollars U.S.

Here's the actual story.

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,59757,00.html

Personally I think it's pretty fucked up they're targeting the families, when I'm sure the online media sites that host the said files would probably be a better target.

Anyway, you have to ask yourself the question "Would I prance around with a stick for 160,000 big ones and a possible Episode 3 walk on?"

2. gargob

gargob New Member

They probably just want the money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and publicity and money and money and publicity and money and publicity. Like someone who paid people to kidnap his own children for publicity and a chance to meet the president.

3. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

lol
    stupid kid i don't wont him in the next starwars he sucks.

4. gargob

gargob New Member

5. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Hey, I have Kazaa. Tell me the file name so I can download it and laugh along with everyone else.

6. Luvian

Luvian New Member

Anyone with a brain would know a quick 5 seconds search on google would yield the file...

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

And for those of you without a brain Chalupa, here is the main SWK site.

I recommend the original, SWK 2.0, SWK reloaded and the Mortal Wombat one. You MUST of course have sound capabilities. They're just hilarious!! :lol:

8. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Oops. That's supposed to be Mortal Kombat. I really hate this keyboard. :(

10. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

They were really funny. I think the light-sabre wielding boy was very daring to have his video on the net. :)

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It wasn't exactly by choice. He's a French Canadian who sneaked into his school's recording studio when he wasn't supposed to and used the camera in there to record him messing about, pretending to be wielding a lightsabre.

He got more and more into it, intending to take the video home with him but he forgot to take it with him. As far as anyone can tell, he was either disturbed and legged it, or was just too excited and worked up to remember.

Either way, the video was discovered when they filmed a school sporting event and his friends thought it would be funny to paste the videos on the internet. Very embarrassing for him, but very funny for us.

Personally, I don't think he should sue. Loads of people absolutely love it, over 25,000 people have now signed a petition to get him a cameo role in Episode 3 and he's now famous. I would have thought he could make money through autographs, rather than sueing.

Sure, there are many people out there who thing he's a bit wierd, but many many more who think he's cool. How many people can honestly say they've never had a mock sabre fight with friends, or some such thing. I doubt many people can. He's not mentally unstable by any means - he was just caught doing what many people the world over have been doing for centuries - pretending to be people or characters they admire.

12. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i play with my "light-saber" every chance i get...... but not* my fiend's one's.... that's just wierd.

*may play with fiends "light-saber".

13. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

DAAAMMMMN!!! I wish I had jedi skills like Ghyslain! What's he whining about?? I would be proud to be like that!

14. Calis

Calis Member

A high-school buddy was working on a game called Mortal Wombat, years and years ago. He had a bunch of graphics done, it looked pretty funny.

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Too bad it never hit the big time. I was into street fighting games back in the day and would like to have seen it.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Why do you assume it was a street-fighter genre game? It could have been a Wombat Ass-Raping game for all you know. :lol:

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I really feel kinda sorry for the kid. I mean, we've all been caught doing some embarrassing shit, he just had the dumb luck to have had his put up for the world to see. Poor guy.

Oh, and thanks, brother evileyes, for giving me my own special voting option. You hit the nail on the head with it, too. Although, I still think humping destitute pigs would be more entertaining than nearly killing myself with a golf-ball retriever.

18. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Seeing aas ive been drinkkign when , ohh my brotehr is commming home huaryy, im to drun k to wite cya.

19. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I agree.

Ferret, I find it suspicious that you IMMEDIATELY jump to the wombat fetish conclusion (weirdo).

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I didn't. If you'd read my post you have seen that I had merely stated it as another alternative option. There is no bias towards or against it. :D

Our Host!