Virgil's first appearance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etain Starling, Aug 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Etain Starling

Etain Starling New Member

Right. If this post is in the wrong folder/section/ topic thingy (<--- high intelligence here :) ) I apologize and will find someone to blame it one shortly.

I'm sure you've all played the game far more than my meager twice ( I've just started the second time,...I wanna savor the moments this time around), so you've probably got this memorized. But I wanna point it out anyway.

At the Crash Site:

Dark Elf Agent: "I'm from Shrouded Hills...a town not far from here. I saw the crash and came here as fast as I could..."

Virgil: "Listen. I came from Shrouded Hills myself. It's at least a day's journey from here."...

Let's pretend for a moment that what Vigril says is true. (I think it is. I lost my paper that I wrote the travel times on...Anyway...) If this is true, than obviously Virgil didn't see the Crash and come running up to the site. He had to have been on his way there. To look at the Panarii shrine? But he wasn't even sure where the thing was....

So, simply put, I have one li'l question: What was Virgil doing at the crash site that day? :/

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I don't think there were any sheep in the area...

3. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Joachim, in his vast wisdom, sent Virgil away from himself. He sent Virgil on a spirit quest which consisted of his spending years wandering the wilderness in search of enlightenment around and about the area of the alleged Panarii shrine. Joachim, in his omniscience, knew that Virgil would never attain enlightenment -- it was just a ruse to get Virgil out of his hair -- but as Fate would have it, the balloon didn't crush him and he ended up helping the Living One fulfill the Prophecy (or was ignored by the Living One and spent the rest of his days sulking beside a popped balloon; or was slain by the Living One for his incessant babble; or was abandoned by the Living One after trying the Living One's patience one too many times; or some combination of the above).

4. gargob

gargob New Member

Virgil felt there were sheep on board the blimp and tried to search to see if they survived the chrash.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

More like trying on the living one's dresses. :p

6. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I don't know about YOUR Living Ones, but none of mine ever put on a dress (females included).

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Haven't your players ever wanted to frolic around in one of those sunday's best dresses? Or worn servant's clothes for Bates (or Madam Lil's customers for that matter :lol: )? There are plenty of occaisions I can think of that work well for dresses. Do you simply wander around in armour all the time? How boring... :/

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

My guy would just wear those smoking jackets when in town.

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The sunday dress is the female equivalent. I too wore them only around town or when needed. Handy to have one though.

10. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Picking bar fights just didn't seem very realistic wearing a dress. I did go around in a smoking jacket, sometimes. . .

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Are we talking about the same game here? You DO know it's not possible for female characters to wear smoking jackets right?

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Dang it, and I wanted my next character to be a male half-orc crossdresser :D

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

That's tough to do unless you consider something like robes to be a slutty evening gown.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Lol, another thread spiralin downwards.

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

It's not like it started out on a real high point. Yet it is amazing how far it's fallen.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Surprising that. Has anyone else noticed that it appears to be Chalupa that's bringing down the threads?

Comments about crossdressing never seem to help. :p

17. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Alright, I admit it. The degeneration of all these threads is entirely my fault. . . penis.

18. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

I see. How nice of you to degenerate the threads. Do you know that its highly moral to degenerate threads since threads that function perpetually smell bad(Due to the fact that some people like to flog dead horses).

And self-contra-dic-tion is a talent someone seems to have. *Dirty thoughts*
    :eek:
    By the way, if you quote Chalupa's post, you'll notice 'penis' *More dirty...* :D

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

A size 9 penis? What's that in inches? :lol:

And Chalupa, just incase you took my post to be accusatory, I've got nothing against degeneration of the threads. We don't want ALL threads to turn so stuffy and serious like the 'A&N are both Human' thread. It's nice to have the odd serious debate going on, but it's nice to have a bit of degenerate humour to lighten the mood too. :)

20. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

~runs in~ MERKIN! ~runs out~

Our Host!