Table Top Style Arcanum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billby, Jun 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. billby

billby New Member

Hey i just got Arcanum for my P.C and love playing it as do we all, i was wondering if anyone has ever thourght of making a atble top rpg of it (like D&D) i would like to hear from you with and thourghts on the matter as me and my friends are starting to make it

Cya Later
    Billby

2. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

table top arcanum

sounds like that might be fun. how would you do it though? would it be like a war hammer type thing? however you do it i wish you well as i think that it will be an interesting project

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I think there are some generic pen and paper "template" systems where you can adapt the rules to whatever you want. I wouldn't know what they're called though; I only played Battletech a few times something like 12 years ago.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Would ypu mean GRUPS? A lot of games are built around that one.

There may have been other posts on this subject, try a search.

5. backstabber

backstabber New Member

i think its called GURPS, not GRUPS.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

pedantic little mofo ain't ya...... see now if you'd of added an insult it would of been much funnier, i hope we've all learnt a lesson here.

7. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

table top

i think that it would be a good idea for you to perhaps read up on some of the gurps that around nowadays, as that would give you an idea of the sort of things that would be needed in the thing. i would suggest that you have a llok at warhammer and its associated products as they are quite up to date and i think that they would incorporate all that you might need to consider in your own game

8. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Role Playing

Have you consider modifing the rules to Boot Hill? That old game is about the old west, so it would probably have alot of the weapons, armor, and skills needed for this time period, and for the magic stuff I would look into gurps to fill in the blanks, or even Gamma World if you can find that old classic.

9. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

You could do that as it would have all the stuff that would be relavent to the time period in which arcanum takes place.

Our Host!