questions re found schematics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coffeegrrl, Sep 11, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Coffeegrrl

Coffeegrrl New Member

First of all, where do I get some?? I do NOT want exact locations. What I want to know is, do they only show up later in the game, or are they around early in the game like Shrouded Hills and Dernholm?

Also, if you find a found schematic, does that mean you get that tech skill for free? What if you find the second schematic in a group? Do you need to put a point in the first one before you can use the found schematic, or can you use any found schematic no matter what?

Oh and am I right in thinking the Gunsmithy skills arent worth putting points into since you're not gonna use them very often?

2. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Schematics are found a littel later in the game, they start showing in chests and at shops. The inventor in Tarant has one for sale and this will probably be the first one you find.
    I think you have to have your skills built up before being able to use a found or bought schematic as well you need the parts for building the item on the schematic.
    Placing points in gunsmithy is worthwhile if you plan on being a techy gunslinger, if you prefer magic, at all costs avoid building tech related skills.
    I placed points in both magic and tech trying to keep my characters apptitude around zero, but by doing to so both magic and tech backfires on me.
    Remember if your apptitude meter is more on the techy side of things, using magic will more often than not lead to critical failures and vice versa.

3. Coffeegrrl

Coffeegrrl New Member

followup question

So if I find a schematic for Bear Trap, can I use it right away, or do I have to put points in all the skills that are before Bear Trap first?

Oh, and is there a Found Schematic for every skill in the game, or only some?

4. Aidan

Aidan New Member

There is at least 4 for each tech tree to be found.
    One you find them you can learn to make that item.
    But you will still need the required skill level in order to do it.
    Many schematics need more than one tech tree to construct the item.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

From TA's website, choose any Found Schematics from the Item Type. It's PHP handled.

From Arcanum Spoilers, the other link above, link the discipline you want to see. You will see both Found and learned schematics. I'm suppose to add pictures but run out of time. It's SSI handled.

Our Host!