Tennessee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phoenix, Jun 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If I thought valid comparisons could be drawn between the American and Australian school systems, I'd draw them. Fact is, American schooling is too damn easy and lazy (yes, I've experienced it first hand, not just movies).

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I have heard from people that has spent a year abroad that the school in the US is and i qoute "ridiculusly(dunno if that is typed right) easy".

My grades has been going one way this year and that is upp Except in new-norwegian it is sooo boring i got an exam in that tomorrow by the way.

I LOVE history, just cannot get enough of it, i read the churchill books about the war just for the inntrest.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I love reading and hearing about history as well, but I don't go out and hunt down history books. Still, people who ignore history are fools in my opinion. There's so much that can be learnt from it, and applied to your own life.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

The quote "Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it" scares the shit outta me. And I see it happening. All over.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I'll admit I used to be one of the people who hated history. Now I can't wait to take American History next year. And just so you know, not all classes are extremely easy. Ms. Neville, my Biology I teacher, put us through, basically, a college level course. She hates the books the school gave us so she had a Modern Biology college book under every desk. Also, she got a good deal of the information on our note sections (and then for our tests) from her college Zoology book.

Other classes were hard for other reasons, like Mrs. Jahr who can't teach :???:

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

As someone with a BA in history, I can confidently say that the only thing we learn from history is that we seem to learn nothing from history.

Retard, private mail me a snailmail adress & you will have the book.

7. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

:)

Yeah, Shadygrove is probably Charles B. Hoff when he's sober/coherent. I can see the writing on the package now.

"Than Stpudid Right-Wing Christian Fund."

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yes, I do indeed live in Tennessee. What is this Feldon Kane [/i]was from Tennessee, 'tard? Jeez, a guy can't leave for a year without becoming history.
    Speaking of which, I think it's the most difficult subject to teach well. Unlike math, history can't be taught in a linear fashion. You can title a course American History, but if you don't address the effect other nations have had on our growth, you end up with a warped image of American History.
    And, yes, the average European can name more states in the U.S. than the average American can name provinces in Canada. There are more states in the U.S. than there are provinces in Canada. We'll learn and then change the names of the provinces when we invade. Quebec will become New Tennessee and the national sport will become football (American).
    This has been a drive-by posting. Good day.

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You haven't been posting so long that you've forgotten how to do it! Or, you're drunk as usual. :)

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Hey a fellow Tennessean! Something actually on topic :lol:

Our Host!