Spoo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clothos_Vermillion, May 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Jesus, don't get me started on Family Guy! Let's face it, along with Futurama and maybe the best of South Park, Family Guy's the only animated show that's come close to matching the unrivalled genius of the Simpsons.

Family Guys is fucking hilerious, and it's a blessing that Channel 4 have a double-bill of it every Friday night. I have to get it on DVD.

BTW: Who's voice does Seth Green do? It's not Stewie is it? (Sounds like Rik Mayall.)

Regards,
    Morden

2. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Seth Green, believe it or not, does the voice of the not-so-bright older brother, Chris. Actually, the DVD has commentaries on several episodes with many of the voice actors, and it's pretty funny when they start doing the voices and cussing at each other. IT gives me that third-grader glee when the teacher slips up and says a curse word.

"Goddamnit Lois, would get off my fuckin back?"

:-o

3. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

LOL! You're right, that does come as a suprise. Can you do me favour and find out who does Stewie's voice?

Regards,
    Morden

4. Canis

Canis New Member

That would be Seth MacFarlane, who also does the voice of father Peter Griffin. You must familiarize yourself with the Internet Movie Database.

Anyway. ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE??? All this talk about great cartoons and nobody mentions DUCKMAN???

Faith. In humanity. Slipping away.

5. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Yes, the ever-talented Seth McFarlane not only does Stewie and Peter's voice, but also Brian's. I love Brian. He's just so fucking funny.

"Who's leg do I have to hump around here to get some service?"

and yes Canis, I LOVE IMDB. It's one of the things I teach in my Internet Search Strategies class. That, Google, moviefone.com, weather.com, and travelocity. Those are all the sites an over-60 American needs to know about :) Err... at least... that I'm allowed to teach in a public setting.

6. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

"Duckman"? Never heard of it.

*Prepares for a barrage of expletives from Canis*

Regards,
    Morden

7. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

Duckman is pretty funny, though i've only seen a few episodes. Southpark and Family Guy are also amazing.
    My favorite episode of family guy is the one where death takes a break. The channel 4? reporter asks peter, "so if i shot you with my channel 4 News revolver, you would be fine?" The bar scene is hilarious, when she shoots along with everyone else, and they all laugh everytime they get hit.

8. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Hey Clothos, just saw your sig and realized that you're a Pratchett fan, rock on! :cool:

I finished reading Night Watch, the latest Discworld novel about a week back, bloody fantastic read. (Personally, I think the City Watch form the best storyline in the entire series.) :)

Regards,
    Morden

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I prefer the rincewind stories, mostly because it is not about moral, and rincewind is allways such a coward

10. Persephone

Persephone New Member

The newest discworld book is about the city watch? Rock on.
    I guess I know what I'll be purchasing with my birthday money... 2 years ago for my birthday my friends got me as much as the whole collection as they could find in the area bookstores. I read them all and overdosed (I had previously only read the first three, borrowing from others). But now I'm ready to catch up again. I think I stopped at Interesting Times.. so I'm what... half a dozen books behind?
    I was just looking at my beautiful new bookshelves, and thinking of re-reading Good Omens. If you haven't read it, go buy it NOW. Seriously.
    No, stop reading this forum, get off your lazy ass and get down to your local bookshop!

11. Clothos_Vermillion

I've read like 25 of his books, and i think i must of overdosed, cuz the last two i read i really didn't enjoy. (moving pictures, and something else)
    I loved Rincewind's first books, and the City Watch. (Gaspode the dog is pretty cool. and Gibbler)

12. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

You mean Dibbler, boss. ;)

And yeah, Gaspode's a great character, especially in the Fifth Elephant (another one of my favorite Discworld novels) where he joins forces with Angua in her wolf form and goes detective. :D

Persephone, I really didn't like Interesting Times for some reason. I think it was because it didn't involve my favorite aspects of the Discwold Universe, namely Ankh-Morpork, the City Watch, and of course our friends at the College of Magic.

Anyway, Night Watch is brilliant, and although for the most part doesn't involve the City Watch characters we're used to, is a great read, and explains a lot about Ankh-Morpork's history and even Lord Vetinari's shady past. Oh yeah, Carcer, the villain of the piece is a fantastic character. Surreal but fantastic. ;)

I'd highly reccomend you buy Night Watch as soon as you can. :)

Regards,
    Morden

13. Clothos_Vermillion

Cut My Own Throat Dibbler!!!! Of course!
    No wonder i couldn't remember the beginning of his name, i called him gibbler, silly me.

The best part about Interesting Times is how there is another Dibbler, like Disembowl My Self Painfully, something. That's kinda funny, and i always enjoy that.

I'm trying to remember which books were my favorites, i think mainly the earlier ones, and mainly the ones with Rincewind and the Silver Horde(?), w/ cohen the barbarian.

Has anyone read any of Terry Pratchett's other books, like Johnny and the Bomb, or any others besides Diskworld? I've tried to find them, but haven't had any luck, and i wonder if they are worth the effort to find or not.

14. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Clothos- Absolutely go read "Good Omens" which Pratchett co-wrote with Neil Gaiman. It's hilarious. It's actually what got me onto the discworld series in the first place.

Our Host!