I have returned to rejoyce as IRAQ Burns!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WarGod, Mar 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i know what you mean, im pro war too, but not in a 'lets go kill everyone' sense. i just dont see an alternative solution working fast enough. just wanted to share my point of view...

2. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Yes, because everything that needs to be done, needs to be done quick, right?

3. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I got this lovely quote mister Bush blurted out in close proximity of a Microphone...

"F___ Saddam. We're taking him out." Those were the words of President George W. Bush, who had poked his head into the office of National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. It was March 2002, and Rice was meeting with three U.S. Senators, discussing how to deal with Iraq through the United Nations, or perhaps in a coalition with America's Middle East allies. Bush wasn't interested. He waved his hand dismissively, recalls a participant, and neatly summed up his Iraq policy in that short phrase. The Senators laughed uncomfortably; Rice flashed a knowing smile. The President left the room.

Yay for Bush.

4. Calis

Calis Member

Am I the only one who thinks this is funny? Also: yet another post by Eros Khat War God that makes him look like a 12-year old on the AOL teen chat. Heh.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Nah, I noticed it too. Scroll up about 12 posts. I thought it was kinda ..... weird. It's just like Sheriff Fatman said. He said that he didn't think that Hel Khat was really gay, because he seemed to be using it as a platform.

Sigh.....Sheriff, wherefore art thou, sheriff......

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

there's not enough stupid people saying stupid things for his ass to make fun of........ quick someone say somthing stupid maybe he'll hear it and come back.

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Sigh....If my statement "My ass now has a dull shine to it" doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Maybe we can discuss role-playing games again, in a positive manner. Maybe that would work.

8. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

We could try, I launch a question. What would be you favourite background for an RPG?

9. TairNean

TairNean New Member

~cleans political vitriol from glasses and reads~that's the best idea I've heard in a while.

I was always really fond of the Shadowrun setting. I'd love to see an updated cRPG of it., perhaps with a Baldur's Gate style interface. I loved the sega genesis version for what it was. Doubt it's gonna happen with FASA gone, but I think it'd be nice to see.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I say bring back the wombats. They were always popular. :)

11. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

Eee gads! this guy is worse than Bush... :lol:

12. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

WarGod, Going by the length of your post, your known lack of intelligence and your inability to put together a coherent post, I'd say this little rhyming ditty of yours took you at least 3 hours to write.

Damn. You sure must love this place. I'm thrilled to know it means so much to you.

A fool who enjoys bloodshed is a poor fool indeed.

You uhh... didn't really think anyone of importance WOULD listen to us, did you?

What? Get bogged down in bloody street to street fighting, eventually win, then have the FUN FUN FUN of trying to control the 3 or so different factions that will all want to be in control of Iraq? I get the feeling the US will try to make the UN take-over, which may not work, especially considering the US's "go it alone" strategy.

Keeping tabs on what goes on around here. That's devotion.

You think "saving" Iraq is going to stop the terrorists? At best, Iraq had only few weak links with terrorist organisations. America's biggest threat is, as always, mostly unknown and probaly still yet to come. It could be the 10 year old kid in Egypt right now, watching the US move in on Iraq on his TV, who causes America its biggest problems.

Yeah, the gay thing's been said already. Oh the irony.

Iraq won't be gone, it'll still exits as a geographical location on a map. Saddam Hussein won't be in control of it though. Actually, who'll actually end up in control and how long they'll maintain power is another issue entirely.

Hey, who're the ones buying all the duct tape, plastic sheeting and gas masks? It ain't the Iraqi's, that's for sure.

Amazingly, a common thread running through your post is that you somehow seem to think, that we thought, war would not eventuate. War was inevitable as soon as Bush starting putting troops in the Gulf.

13. Langolier

Langolier Member

I support this war, or am pro-war if you prefer. I think its been said already, but Wargod's attitude does not reflect all of us pro-war people. His post infantile and disgusting.

14. xento

xento New Member

I agree. And America isn't going over and wiping Iraq clean, either. We take every opportunity possible to take prisoners, and we treat them well. We give them medical attention, food, water, clothing, and attend to all their other needs. In fact, the majority of Iraq is with us, and are happy to watch us get rid of Suddam.

I watched an interview on TV that showed a US troop tearing down a picture of Suddam that had been painted on a wall. An Iraqi ran up, took of his shoe, and started beating the nose of the painting as the troop ripped it down. :lol:

15. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

NO. The mayor population of the Iraqis hate the US, they only hate saddam a little more,(the us/britan betrayed them in 1991, remember?) and where did you see that? Cnn welcome to modern warfare, all the press is filled with lies on both sides, the only thing you can do is to not belive anything. Here is a little word of wisdom to you Xento: "The first victim of war is truth."
    If The US forces had the people of iraq on your side, then where is that rebelion that bush spoke off? THERE IS NONE. At least not yet, the iraq people belive that the us wants their oil. No wonder since bush first word to the iraq people was "do not destroy the oil wells."

I have talked with a man from iraq who live in norway, he say that all the shia muslims dislike the us tremendously. They hate both saddam and the US.

16. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

Barring Fallout, which Interplay doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do another of, I'd really like to see something cyberpunk or film noir or maybe piratical. Although I think Lionheart has an interesting setting. (And can't wait for it to be out. August? Booo...) I'm also saving my money for this nifty-looking Russian RPG called Golden Land and, of course, Temple of Elemental Evil (not just 'cause Troika's doing it, either :D).

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Wrong. Interplay IS making another fallout game... Or, a console bastard bearing the name of the great game. It created a great fuss no less.

Click!

18. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

If it ain't an RPG, it doesn't count. (Yes, I'm living in a state of denial - why'd you ask? :smile:)

19. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I'd like to see some more decent sci-fi RPGs. Cyberpunk or cybergoth would be favourite. Fantasy has been done to death in the last few years and neither Lionheart nor Temple of Elemental Evil is likely to bring anything fresh to the genre.

Lionheart is quite clearly a "spin" attempt. Someone sat down and said, how can we get all the LoTR and D&D fans without making something too generic to stand out. So they put a spin on it then started paying people to hype their originality.

Any well done sci-fi RPG would be a breath of fresh air. Post-holo, space, cyber, alien, whatever.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Fatman, maybe you should wait for Paradise Cracked then. It's like a cyber-Russian version of Jagged Alliance 2 or something. There's tactical action, roleplaying, and apparently it's very good...but it needs to be translated. No one knows when that's going to happen, but if you speak Russian, you can probably get a copy somewhere.

Our Host!