The Gnomish Battle Mage

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Mar 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Has anyone ever play this character? I just started another save and Im about level 7 and he's really kicking arse.

My stats are:

Str 8 Int 8
    Dx 9 Wp 10
    Cn 8 Pe 8
    Be 8 Ch 9

I chose the ''Child of a hero'' background which gives you a cool enchanted sword and with the spells Strength of Earh, Agility of Fire and harm, im really finding combat a breeze :D

You wouldn't think a little guy like a Gnome would make a good Melee character eh?

He's also got 2 in melee and 1 in dodge. 2.5 in haggle and 1 in persuation.

So any comments/Ideas on this one? Its quite a cool character to play if you've never played before. :p

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I started one with a Barbarian Gnome. +2 ST, +1 CN, +1/4 mele -1 IN, -2 CH, -1/2 haggle. The 7 IN is not a problem as a battlemage doesn't need more than IN 12, the WP 10 stays intact, & the haggle ballances out. You get nifty small Dark Barbarian Clothes but can't afford a sword. Buy boots & kick the wolves to death.

You can get as good a sword from Doc Roberts for helping him with the bank job as the Child of a Hero provides.

My battlemages rarely use direct dammage spells.

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

the child of a hero gives a sword that does +3 damage at full power. the sword from doc roberts gives +5 th at full power and has a higher speed (17) than the child of a hero sword (15)

4. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Hahaha, Luinil I was about to say the same thing! Ya beat me to it :p
    I love how almost everyone here has the most intricate details on every aspect of Arcanum. :D

How so ? Does it mean you can maintain more spells at once? I tried this and it didn't work. Do you need a mod/patch for this to work ? :???:

5. Zorque

Zorque New Member

At every four levels of intelligence, you can maintain one more spell, for a maximum of 5 spells.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i just started a character who started with the child of a hero background and he just got past shrouded hills earlier this afternoon.

the number of spells that you can maintain is your intelligence divided by 4. if you have an intelligence of 12, then you can haev 3 spells running.[/quote]

Our Host!