Remember the Gimp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ring lord, Feb 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

A long time ago someone (i think it was jar or milo) brought this game to the forums.
    well i found an url in one of my old txt files and went to check it out.
    it seems that they've upgraded ALOT. :-o
    so now you can all go and play some russian roulette with the lovely gimp.
    http://www.crazybonkers.com

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think it was Jinxed actually, or maybe even Fatman. I definitely didn't bring it.

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Man, your link is fucked. All I get is some shitty looking home page that says crazybonkers on an o.d. green backround.

4. Zorque

Zorque New Member

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

maybe you're right jar, it was a long time ago...
    but i still think it was someone very crazy.
    it just happens to be that when i'm thinking of crazy, the names Milo and Jarinor pop into my head....go figure.... :smile:

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

SHERIFF!!!!!!, where the hell you been mofo?......... has lysa been riding your ass again?........ if so, kinda wierd that you come back on val-day, the one day when everybody's ass is certain to get ridden.

i'm pretty sure it was milo that posted that link...... atleast that was the first person i thought of.

9. xento

xento New Member

mrnobodie, by now we must all not be surprised by Sheriff Fatman jumping in like that. You say his name and BOOM! there he is...

10. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

WB SHeriff! *Waves*
    here to stay? or just came for your monthly visit?

11. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hey guys. I do check this place out occasionally. Don't post so much now. I got a bit ... disillusioned ... by the RPG community a while back and can't be arsed to take part so much now, if it's all just self-aggrandisement and noone really actually giving a shit about the future of RPGs. Not really a T-A thing, but some people here contributed in one way or another.

12. xento

xento New Member

Errr... I hope I wasn't part of that downfall! :sad:

13. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I kind of experienced the same thing. I don't frequent this place much anymore either. It's not just one person, but every time I come back here there never seems to be any decent threads active - just the same, boring spammy ones and the site's sort of lost it's appeal now.

It's a shame really since this board used to be really good. :sad:

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Same here. Well, except it's got dick to do with RPG's etc... With my new job, I can't surf the net all day which limits my time to what I get at home. At home, I usually focus on one or two things (FMF at the moment) and don't surf much on a regular basis.

Nice to see T-A is still here though. Nice to see a few new people too. Xento, Zorque and a whole bunchg of others who seem to have inordinately high post counts for the time they seem to have been here...

15. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Xento is Nbrosz, but his father freaked out that we knew all about him, so he changed his name. I don't know much about Zorque though. I'ma Lord now though, DU, aren't you proud of me?

16. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

For whom the bell doth toll....

Cannot tell how deep a chord this post struck with me. My reason for coming to my boring job day after day was this place here. If it goes, a part of me goes with it.

If that happens, I'm off... off to that never-never land where Feldon Kane, Milo, Sheriff Fatman, Ferret and the like frequent, and, should I find them, mayhaps we can share another laugh or two, get me excited about games I can't possibly afford to buy, but will enjoy discussing them anyway.... Maybe I'll find Rosie, and Windmills there..... Ahh, what a depressing day.

17. Zorque

Zorque New Member

I'm so happy to be noticed! :cool: I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I'm here.

*Sigh* I am so alone

18. Windmills

Windmills New Member

The Return of the Windmills

Well, I suppose this is an obligatory post to let you all know I'm still alive. Haven't checked this board in a while, and haven't strayed anywhere else online in the meanwhile either. Real Life (TM) holds me captive, as I see it has for many around here.

I'm at least partly relieved that, from what it seems, I haven't been missing *much* by way of huge pearls of wisdom a la Sheriff Fatman, and the like. I admit from time to time I had started to think about what I had been missing, and wishing I had more time like I used to. At the same time, I'm a bit saddened that the forum has gone south. I really enjoyed it back in its hayday, CharlesBHoff and HelKhat notwithstanding. Whatever happened to those blowhards, anyway?

As far as what has stolen what little free time I used to enjoy:

Previous to December, I was finishing up my Bachelor's thesis. That was turned in late December and approved very favorably by the Physics Dept. After which, I was accepted to every graduate program I applied to, and finally settled on Clemson University (Located about 2 hours Northeast of Atlanta, Ga, in the foothills of the Appalachians) for a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering. I am finishing up my bachelor's degree, and graduating in May (finally!). And a week after graduation, I will be moving to my apartment in Clemson (that I have already chosen) to start my Ph.D. work. (My husband, Peter, won't be coming with me - there may be some seperation anxiety in the works there.)

From December until now, I've been working on my final two classes, as well as making huge preparations for the move, buying all sorts of required stuff for moving, taking care of the paperwork, etc.

On top of all this yours truly has bought a gun. A 38 caliber Rossi, to be exact. And now I'm taking shootin' classes. Beware the pistol packin' mama. (Since I'm going to be all alone up there, and that place is very, very rural - mostly woods and abandoned trailer homes - I found it best to have some protection.)

So there you have the update. I'll try to be around more often at least until May. After which, no promises. No guarantee either, that just because I've returned, that that's magically going to resurrect this place. (Likely not).

About the war - I'm still on the fence. Surprise, surprise.

PS - Sorry for bringing up a somewhat "dead" thread - but this was the last mention of me, so I found it appropos to slip back in here, as opposed to starting a whole new "I'm back" topic. I also find the title "Remember the Gimp?" highly amusing. So there.

Our Host!