so you think you've seen fire......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Jan 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Settler

Settler Member

Wha? How was that a), a joke on x's part, and b)...what did I have to do with it?

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Xento's quote you used was slightly out of context (are you in the media?) and was pretty funny in a not so funny kind of way, the comment was aimed more at you then at Xento.... eh, i was tired*, forget it.
    Carlstar, nice to see you back, you think you've had smoke issues, there's been a constant smoke haze for the last week or more over wagga wagga that just hasn't cleared up, it's slowly getting thicker and thicker as the fires move around the state.

*may of been stoned

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Cloud seeding works, I think, by spraying silver nitrate into the cloud layer. It's highly reactive and causes water to condense out into the spray and then fall as rain. However, it has it's drawbacks.

1. Silver Nitrate is highly toxic and the rain produced often contains high amounts of concentrated Nitric acid - one of the most reactive and destructive oxidising acids around.

2. You need clouds, or at least heavily moisture-laden air in order for this to work, and lets be honest here, you're not going to find that above a massive great fire.

3. It's extremely expensive.

4. Settler

Settler Member

Looks like trouble today...in Melbourne it's now 36 C (96.8F) at 11:00 am, getting up to 42 (107.6F) later on...the NW Victorian fires are bound to kick up, hope it's not as bad in Canberra.

By the way, most of the pyros :x have been caught.

[edit] - I've just heard that fires are burning around the north, NE and NW of Melbourne...

5. carlstar

carlstar New Member

now

About that seeding rain clouds. Don't Texas do it or are they just thinking of doing it? You see clouds are there but they don't rain as it's flat and hot and the clouds just go on there merry way, a bit like australia.

6. Settler

Settler Member

44.1 - the second hottest Melbourne day on record...

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Our weather is weird too last night it was -15 celcius and it was snowing, now it is only minus 2 and it is raining. I blame the neighbors and Frank cause he is using a XL action controller when he plays online.

8. Settler

Settler Member

Got to love Melbourne weather...from a max of 44 to max 24 in a day...

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, that's Melbourne all right. That city has the craziest weather patterns of any city I've lived in. Rains too bloody much there for my liking.

44 degrees is hot, but it's a heat you can gradually adjust to. There's nothing like stepping out of an air-conditioned plane to the outside air in the Middle East. It's like opening a really hot oven, only the feeling is all over your body. Flower feel like that when they wilt. I love it.

10. Settler

Settler Member

Blast Furnace comes to mind :smile: ... but I can't say I really felt the heat...then again, I wasn't in a slowly melting car for once.

Anyway...I like rain *frolic* *frolic* *frolic*.

Nice avatar, btw.

Our Host!