New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Jan 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What was your New Year's Resolution?

1. Molest less children

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1600x1200, lol gotta new vid card for Xmas lol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gain more fat and lose more muscle tissue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fall down less often

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other, fill in the blank _________________

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

This year, I vowed to make a concerted effort to set aside some time to seriously think about maybe starting along the path to think about possibly quitting the cigarettes. Some time after Labor day. I promise.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Milo! You're back man! What the hell happened to you?

Anyway, my new year's resolution is to get off my fat, lazy ass and actually do some exercise on a somewhat regular basis. Apart from regularly doing no exercise, I mean :).

3. Settler

Settler Member

1. A's ---------> AA's (A+'s, whatever)
    2. Fail Art out of :x SPITE :x for not getting into Multimedia Music :x :grin:
    3. The eternal unfulfilled resolution - get more exercise...
    4. Finish 10 Discworld books in 5 weeks, so I can read Night Watch before my rental's out... :-o

Gah...I've got no pity for smokers*... about 10 in my year already :shootme:

*"You want mustard gas with that?

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

My resolution is to post more often even though I have exam session on my head and just got a life (hence I was virtually absent lately).

5. gamenut

gamenut New Member

congrats! you have finally joined the mindless drones who think they've finally gotten a life!

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Ugh! Me not a mindless drone be.

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

My resolution: after three soberless days hugging a bottle of vodka...in a row, your brains start to feel difficulties working.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Oh that is so much untrue. You still know how to get another bottle, right?

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Have you done your New Year's resolution last year?

10. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I will not get addicted to nationstates.net
    I don't think this is working.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I will not...................................drink acid hahahahahahahaha,,,and i wil NOT............sacrifice puppies hiahiahahahaha................and i will stop eating old hotdogs...........hiahiahiahiaha.......and i have allready stopped taking my medication hihihihahhahahhaihai.

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

That's plain instinct, man....no thinking involved :D

13. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I was in Texas for a few days and the people I was with thought it was hilarious when I tripped. And I tripped quite a bit.

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

My New Years resolution is to make a concious effort to take some college courses, I figure why the hell not, the government will foot the bill.
    I also promised myself I will drink less. (Ha!)

Nice to see you around again Milo. I quit smoking about 4 years ago. It was tough, but now, I can hardly believe I ever had the habit. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do it. Remember, sooner is better.

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

The year of 2003, not quite the year I graduate from high school yet, that would be 2004. So I can't put that on my new years resolution....

Well, seeing as if I'm 16, I can now get a job over here. So perhaps I should try to get a job. I would also love to get a car and a drivers licence to drive the car and then drive to work. Once I have both of those (If I get both of those) I play on getting a Girl Friend...I think....

And, I'm not the type of person who looks for girls for sex and stuff, I actually want one I can love...ya know?

Anyway, that's mine...I doubt some of those will happen, but eh....

16. xento

xento New Member

My new year's resolution is to make a few new years revolutions!!!

*gets up and spins around 3 times*

Ahhh!! Success!!!

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wouldn't there also be a return of service obligiation involved? I know that's how the armed services work over here. If they pay for you to learn something, then you have to pay them by serving for x number of years.

He's tried several times before, if you believe him. However, he is weak willed, and can't do it. I think he's one of those people doomed to be eternally trying to quit smoking.

18. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Even relatively strong-willed people might fail to quit smoking. It was certainly the hardest thing I ever did. It's because it's so insididious - the ways it tries to get you to slip up seem so small. Who cares if maybe you take one little puff now? You're still quitting in the bigger picture, right? Wrong. I spent a year kidding myself I had quit, where I was smoking probably less than 1 or 2 a week, but the craving never went away and I was always on the verge of getting right back into it again. It wasn't until Lysa moved in and I had someone I couldn't bullshit around (I was quite good at bullshitting myself) that I stopped even those one or two a week. About a fortnight or so later, the craving ebbed drastically. It's gone away for good now, and it feels bloody marvellous to know I'm not a slave anymore.

19. Settler

Settler Member

Easier to respond to one big quote.

Once I'm legally employable (?), (14 years 9 months) I'm going to get some part-time work at the local library, just carting around, well...books, I guess. Methinks it's a LOT better than McDonalds, etc. *shudder*.

*Long, long pause to think*

Ever since the summer holidays started, I've been thinking - too much. I mean, thinking about EVERYTHING, thinking about things that can, and should, be put off :smile: . But I think it can be summed up pretty easily - I really don't want my own life.

So - am I just overly depressed, or have I just come to the right conclusion a little earlier than most :D ?

[EDIT] - *Dances non-smoker dance of glee*

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

STOP THINKING.
    Thinking is one of the greatest world problems that have ever been. I'm certain that once upon a time a man did not have anything to do so he sat down and thought "gee i wonder what happens when we die?" and so we got religions and religious wars.(NO i em not trying to start a religous disscussion so shut up) Then later we had this guy who had a lot of spare time who sat down and thought "gee i could take that guys stuff and not give him anything back and if he stops me i will hit him" The we have the philosphers who made all the stupid math wich makes my head hurt evrytime i think of pytagoras (ouch) and the stupid results. The we have the other "thinkers" hitler or marks just take a look at what that caused. Not to mention political islam or the political organised christians. Stupid dirtbags. All of them a result of thinking. Stop thinking too much get a job work hard, do what you like and life will move on and you will get the wanted result.

I'm certain that osama sat down and thought a little before blowing upp WTC.

Our Host!