Username Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Dec 27, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

2. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Maybe you donot want change. It we donot go into outerspace we will die on this planet as this planet life support system is being overload by too many people, burning of fuels to generate power and heat is ruining the air around Earth alway. This planet is heading toward have between 8 to 10 billion people on it. Eath is running out of rescource already than what about getting than enought power and food to feed all of these people. What your solution to these problem. Why do you think China is putting than lot of their scare resoucre into their Space Program.

3. Etalis Craftlord

*Ahem*

What the fuck? Entirely on your own, you took this conversation from "Happy New Year!" to religion and now to overpopulation. What's next, How to Grow Your Own Narcotics? Places God's Spoken to Me?

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Actually it was more on Xento aka nbrosz's username.

5. Etalis Craftlord

And Etalis's credibility sank like a stone, but he was nevertheless correct, for Charles had indeed continued to bring up fucking random crap, the wanker.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I than not bring up random crap. First this planet is faceing major problem in overpopulation, the earth environmental decay away due to nature and man
    impact, storage of good farming land and storage of freash water . Birth control isnot going to solved the overpopulation crised we are faceing it too late for that now. All of the non-euporean people of this planet arenot going to do any form of birth control that america(count as euporean people in this
    case) or eupore is trying to impose on non-euporean people who distrust white people for occupation of their land in the euporean colonzition period.
    While the population of Europe is going down due to below replacement birth
    rate. America white people are heading that way with the exception of certain religious groups.

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Charles, for fucks sake let it go, no-one cares about your religious views or interests and continuously spouting them as the most important news in the world does not really impress people with your new-found salvation. if you wish to talk about your views make a thread for it, that way if we don't want to read about it we won't open the thread, please stop bringing every topic you contribute in back to your belief system.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

People in here might not share your views, Charles, but then there are other people who do. Try searching for it at Yahoo! Groups or other disucssion boards or mailing list.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

What your problen .?Why donont you go elsewhere friend. Have I ever force my view on you. I have not. You sound like those Christian fund who only want they view express in public.

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Duh! Haven't you read their posts. Besides, I'm not trying to force you out of here. Have you read what I wrote? Well, read again Charles. I'm not here to argue with you. I'm trying to point you out at the right direction I know of. Your views are quite interesting (in some way), but after seeing your reply, I doubt I'd be interested in reading your views anymore.

I should have use smilies like this: ;)

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Charles, what they're saying is - stop filling the forum with all your crazy crap, and trying to tell us of the latest conspiracies against [insert ethnic/religious/racial group] by [insert ethnic/religious/racial group], Islam, God and your highly unprobable efforts in stopping nuclear war.

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Maybe he doesn't understand that. He speaks English , he should have. Or maybe he's using a translator.

13. weezil2012

weezil2012 New Member

Since I've been having such a grand time reading about the post-apocalyptic theories for the upcoming 1000 years on this thread, and because one of my two majors in college was philosophy, I'm going to give you all something to think about.

It's a widely accepted belief that the world is quickly growing overpopulated. We're just not dying as quickly as we should to balance out our use of natural resources. Since we are not dying quickly, what limited natural resources we do have are being spent at an alarming rate of speed. So what can be done with too many people and too few resources? Start using people as resources.

I'll explain. If a person is caught in a snowstorm, there is a good chance that the person will freeze to death within a single night. His 98.6 degree body temperature will not sustain the cold he's exposed to. However, if he has a friend, his chances increase exponentially. For some reason, 2 people, both with 98.6 degree body temperatures, can share heat and can sustain life in cold temperatures for a longer period of time. If you add a third, the chances improve. If you add a 4th, even better.

My point is, the more people you add, the more heat is generated. So what if we started using body heat as a natural source of energy? There are thousands of terminally ill patients, comatose patients, etc, that are going to die anyway. If we convinced even half of these to volunteer to be "fuel cells", we could easily gather 1500-2000 people. If used properly (through modern technical marvels), their combined body heat (which, as was shown in the above paragraph grows with each person added) would be enough to power... a city? a state? You decide.

Sure, there are moral objections, but that's why they're volunteers. You can't be opposed to something if the people involved aren't.

Just a thought for you all to ponder.

14. Etalis Craftlord

Unless they're gay. All sorts of people are opposed to them having sex, although I assume the gay folk themselves aren't exactly against the idea.

15. gamenut

gamenut New Member

:D :D :D getting a little heated in those "fuel cells" huh Etalis :D :D :D

16. Etalis Craftlord

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Just how would this body energy be stored? How would you even 'collect' and use it? Heat does not equal electricity (please let me be right about this) from what I remember of physics and chemistry. I see quite a few flaws in your theory, but as for the ethical objections, well, as long as the mind doesn't know (because it can't), then I can't see the problem in using 'vacant' bodies for the rest of humanity.

18. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Objections in the society as a whole. How people perceive this notion as unethical and unhuman.

19. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I saw this once, in a movie called the Matrix. Thing was, it was A.I. doing the harvesting, not other people. Weird! :teeth:

20. weezil2012

weezil2012 New Member

Heat is used quite often as an alternative source of energy. It's called thermal energy. If channeled properly (and I don't want you all to think that I already have the schematics drawn up for how to harvest mindless bodies), the heat collected from the bodies would be enough to turn the combines on a generator. The turning of the generator is what produces the actual electricity.

Frankly, society's views of ethical behavior is a joke. People believe things are ethical because society has always told them they were right or wrong. Here in Korea, every corner sells mink blankets. They see no problem with them, though the treatment of an animal in this manner in the US would be considered inhumane. So what's the point of this? We'll just have to make our human generator outside of the US.

What is evil is based solely on your perception of what's good 0:)

Our Host!