Larian Studios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friend_al_23, Dec 20, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

How many games have Larian created? Does the creators of Arcanum have any other project?

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

3. xento

xento New Member

Sure. From what I hear, they have two. However, they are not allowed to reveal any information about the projects to the public.

Maybe you should ask one of their wives... :D

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I guess they only have two. I went to their forum and they only got DivDiv and LED Wars. I had to uninstall DivDiv. Never got to complete it. It keeps on crashing to my desktop because of low virtual memory. How much memory do you need? I had the ones they recommended and only got that program running.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Troika have two or more projects currently underway. Gamespot got an interview with Tim Cain on one of the projects, which is Greyhawk: The Temple of Elemental Evil, and the other one know one knows about. Information will be released soon (I think) on at least Greyhawk, and possibly the other game(s).

6. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

How much memory do you need?

according to a magazine,you sholud have at least 64 mb,but 256 are recommended

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Yes, I know. I think I have 256 and I close all other applications except for it. Even had to disable my Anti-Virus. It works fine after the first 30 minutes then it crashes back to the desktop because my "Virtual Memory" is low. I am still able to play the game after going back to it but the loading becomes slower and slower.

BTW, I had it full installed.

8. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

sounds strange :-o ...maybe you should have more memory on your video card(64mb are recommended),but i don't think that's the problem,maybe there are some other programs which drain lots of ram,try uninstalling them

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Like I said, had all other programs shut down. I even shut down modem dlls and other network devices attached that is hidden under normal CTRL+ALT+DEL. I think I need to upgrade my memory.

10. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

oh,wait,maybe i've got the solution try going to [www.sisoftware.co.uk] and download the shareware program "sysoft sandra" it should tell you all your pc characteristics and its problems that may have(i don't know if this second function is available in the shareware version,but it's worth trying)

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

There's so many options. Which one? http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?d ... a=&lang=en

12. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

oooops!i installed my version from a cd,but i think the first option should do(it says for win 98/me/2000/xp)

if you are not sure about how much ram you've got try consulting the microsoft system information,if you've got 256mb,then maybe the problem it's not the ram itself so i don't know if a memory upgrade could really help(unless the current ram frequency is really low or it's not the ddr type)

good luck :???:

13. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

if that doesn't work,try this:(i'm translating from italian so i don't know if what i write is 100% correct)if you have win98/2000/me,go to the control panel,then double click on system and then on the last option on the right(it should be named something like"perfomances"),and then on virtual memory. at this point,click on the second option,which should read as "manual setting of virtual memory"and check how much memory you have on C:\ and then check the amount beside "maximum"and,if it's not the same of the amount of C:\,increase it till the two numbers are the same. IF the two amounts are ALREADY the same,then the problem shouldn't be virtual memory.If not,the problem should be resolved(i think :D ).

If you see that its worse than before,just return to the virtual memory window and enable the automatic management of virtual memory.If you don't want to risk anything,you can also create a restoration disk(or how do you call it?)of your system before modifying anything

good luck again :D

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

It's not in there. I have XP BTW. Here's a screenshot. [​IMG]

15. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

gee,then i don't know :-o ... what iread was for win98/me,but the same thing should be present in winxp...somewhere :???:

16. Canis

Canis New Member

Click on the Advanced tab in System Properties. Then click the Settings button under Performance. Then click the Advanced tab in the new Performance Options window that pops up, then click the Change button under Virtual Memory.

Easy as pie. :grin:

17. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Then it isn't the virtual memory. I think they're all set. C's paging file size says: 192 - 384. Somewhere down below shows the initial and maximum sizes, which are 192 and 384 respectively.

18. Mael

Mael New Member

virtual memory

correct me if i'am wrong but i think virtual memory refers to how
    windows (the OS) manages your memory and its kinda linked or
    related with your hard drive space

how about trying to free up some space and check it out
    you can access your virtual manager by right-clicking on your
    my computer icon and selecting the tab performance
    and choose virtual memory
    this is on windows 98se and i don't know how to access it on
    xp

hope that helps

19. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It happen to me once awhile than I have 190 meg of memmery on my machine. Crash can be cause by many thing decide memmery issue only.

20. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Re: virtual memory

Might be. I had DivDiv fully installed (2.8 GB) and left me with little space!

Our Host!