Growing Anti-western feeling in the Islan World.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesBHoff, Dec 20, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

In a opinal piese in the Pakistan newpaper call Dawn.
    It talk out the fact that Western world doesnot want Muslim Nation's to have powerful missile forces and nuclear weapons.

Here is than quotes from the piece.

"It all right for nations like Britain, France, China, Russia, India, Israel to have powerful missile forces and nuclear weapons, but not, according to Washington, for Muslim nations to acquire moderm strategic weapons. Any that does, like peaceful Pakistan will be severely punished.

2. Settler

Settler Member

3. starchybean

starchybean New Member

4. Settler

Settler Member

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I think there is growing anti-Charles feeling in the TA:HoL world.

Charles, please stop making every thread a platform for your personal political agenda. It is very depressing for there to be several threads at a time where you are posting random stuff aimed at promoting Islam, when there are almost no threads about anything else.

No wonder none of the other regular users come here much anymore.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There is than growning anti-western moverment in the Muslim world which the Western Media doesnot report on. America make good are not being brought by most Saudi it they can help it. It isnot orginate by the government at all the people start it on they own.

7. Sheriff Fatman

I did one search of the BBCi news pages, using the keywords "Saudi" and "Muslim". I got ashedload of results. Amongst the top are:

It was the first site I tried and the first search I performed. IT was Western media, and it is clearly being reported.

In my view, if I wanted to read credible, relevant (to me) information on the subject, I could go there. I don't see how your blatantly biased presentation of your own material helps anyone, given that nobaody here has expressed a desire to be bombarded with it and some people have asked you to stop.

8. Mael

Mael New Member

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

First, there were enough objections to India having nuclear weapons and long and medium range rockets. US even sabotaged an agreement between India and Israel about selling the "Arrow" rockets to India, though the "Arrow" is an anti-missile rocket system, a purely defensive weapon.
    And of course Pakistan is much more peaceful then France, no doubt about that.

10. Sheriff Fatman

I personally don't believe the objections to development of nukes are directly based on religion. Seems to me that relationships between the countries are what make people nervous, and in some cases the volatility of the government.

If you look at the USSR and the USA, neither country was exactly thrilled at the nuclear capabilities of the others and whole espionage networks were set up to sabotage, derail those capabilities. That was because the 2 super-powers were mutually hostile.

Looking at countries like Pakistahn (and India to a lesser extent) I think there is a question of the stability of the governments. If and when those governments destabilise, there is a risk of some kind of ruthless extremists taking their place - perhaps someone unwise/mad/fanatical enough to precipitate use of nukes.

With the case of Pakistahn and India in particular, there is the added concern over their long term animosity towards each other, and the potential for it to escalate wildly. It's pretty reasonable to feel uncomfortable about nukes being added to a situation like that.

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I agree here. I have a BIG problem with dictatorships posessing mass destruction weapons, since all dictatorships tend to be expansionist and sooner or later end up attacking their neighbors (regardless to their ability to win the war, even a lost campaign can be used as a good explanation of why their people are poor and hungry). The same with unstable regimes that balance on the edge of becoming dictatorships or theocracies. I wouldn't be that much concerned about Pakistan having nukes if there wasn't a high probability of an "islamic revolution" there. Some terrorists (like Hamas leader Ahmad Yassin) were quite happy about "our own Muslim nuclear bomb". Yeah right, like Pakistan had invested billions in this project just to give the bomb to any maniac out there. But if Pakistan's current goverment system falls it might happen, who knows.

12. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

You are talking to a wall sheriff.

13. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I read that India was ready to invade Pakistian twice this year an they change their mind when they realise that Pakistian have nuclear weapon and plus Pakistian have the advange of being in good defensive position.
    So you can say that nuclear weapon in that case kept the peace.

14. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Really? I just read something Windmills posted in which you claimed to have prevented one of these invasions.

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I E-mail the Leader of Pakistian warming him even before they started the the peration work which must be gone before than invasion can take place. My message was simple that India is getting ready to invase Pakistian . Here is his E-mail address CE@pak.gov.pk . Plus the SECOND DEPARTMENT was working closely with Pakistian , and they have they own channel for comminicate with then for more detail infro. Plus I ask him if he arrest Ms Benazir Bhutto that it be done in a way that doesnot harm her
    or endanger her well being.

16. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

No doubt he'll take your advice to heart, Chuckie. I'm sure he looks forward to all your correspondence. In fact, he probably prints them out and keeps them beside his bed to read in the wee hours of the night...

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm sure the President took your advice based on your English and comprehension skills, because he sure as hell wouldn't have taken it on the pretext of you knowing more than him.

18. Sheriff Fatman

Indeed I am. If only the wall wouldn't talk back quite so much.

I can picture it now - troops turning out, marshalling on the border. Supply dumps being set up, air force being scrambled, then some guy near the line says "What are those conical thingies over there?" At which point, the higher-ups say "D'oh!" and possibly "Perhaps we should read our intelligence reports before preparing to invade?"

19. Settler

Settler Member

Good call :smile: .

I think it's more that the wall has shut himself in his room, has his hands clamped over his ears, and is screaming "ISLAM! ISLAM! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! ISLAM!".

To mix metaphors...

20. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

:nod:

Our Host!