Crazy Christian Links!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Nov 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What religion are you again? I mean, what specific branch of Christianity?

2. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Well, protestantic Free-Church... connected to the Swedish Church...

3. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

So what you meant to say is you are 100% sure of the things that you've said at least insofar as they pertain to your particular brand/interpretation of Christianity? Because, as you may or may not be aware, there are as many flavors of Christianity as there are ways to interpret the Bible/word of God/whatever.

Just because you are 100% certain of something does not make it true. Except in your mind, which - fortunately - has no bearing on my life.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

George Bush does, however, and being that he comes from the good ole state of Texas, I'm quite apprehensive about his plans for the future...

I find it interesting that few (if any apart from Kennedy) US Presidents have been Roman Catholic. Not for any particular reason I can expound upon at this time, I just find it interesting.

5. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Indeed, JFK was the only catholic president. We've had few non-Christians (Washington, Jefferson, and Adams were all Deists), but no outright atheists, pagans, muslims, jews... and, thankfully, no fundamentalist evangelical whackos either.

6. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

I don't think it's right to look lustfully at a woman either, actually. You do?

And I would think a better solution this wouldn't be to put ladies in burkas. I think it would be to get men to think of them better, and not as sex objects. Passage implies the onus is on men, not women, to do away with the problem. Thought I was supposed to be the old-fashioned one.

Ooh. Well I take it you get your theology from computer games then. If you don't, do expound on that theory.
    In other words, it's a talent? Hope I have enough of it.
    Oh dear, he's forcing me to elaborate. This won't be pretty.

The problem with demanding for the original Bible is that when I give it to you, you won't be able to read it unless you learn Greek and Hebrew. See, to teach it to the masses it has to become accessible.

Ooh.. me? Nothing. I'm just saving myself a lot of trouble and paranoia.

I'm someone who has actually taken time to compare the different English translations and conclude that there are no meaningful differences. Now I take it that you haven't. I recommend you do, and soon, if you want your case to stand. As I said before, I hate it when people who haven't even read the darn thing (or have only ever seen select passages from select anti-Christian sites) come up to me and say "They're hiding something from us!"

Hm. Can't have been a Christian then. (If you heard it from one, spank him for not knowing his literature). King James Version is recognized as the most accurate translation of the present day. They keep things as word-for-wrod as possible. NIV is "better" in the sense that the translators took liberties to make sure that the text is easier to read.

So you can see what happens: The NIV-radicals think the KJV is stuffy and hard to read, and the KJV radicals think the NIV is a conspiracy to omit certain phrases so that millions will go to hell. Me, I like them both.
    Well I won't point out here that it's not a secret that Jesus actually did exist whether you get your sources from the Bible or not, but it's not my policy to discuss religion in forums. I try to keep as low a profile as possible usually, but sometimes things get out of hand and I just have to jump in and point a few things out, set the record straight. it's not like I think that everyone here is going to be converted by some profound insight I come up with one day. Helping another to find God requires love and commitment, not half-hearted opinions and snide comments. Unfortunately I can't control the actions of other Christians. I did pm nbrosz to advise too cease with the "preaching", but realised almost immediately I had no right to do so. I can't speak for Gwindor either. If you really think we all inthis forum have no fucking (sic) clue, then fine. Let's cease all the religious discussion. I'm all for it. But I will continue "defending" my beliefs when people come up with insightful comments like Qilitikal.

But I will "preach" one thing - everyone owes it to themselves to spend some time to think and decide whether a God exists, and if he does; whether he cares. No, I'm not promoting Christianity or Islam or anything - the concept of a Designer has been around ever since man was capable of abstract thought. You don't have to do it now, and I don't profess to know the best way to go about it - I just implore you all to do this one day. It'll give you a (basic) starting point to develop your own beliefs.

[size=8}*Newsflash* - Chalcedony has gone home (to Penang, not to the grave) to attend his granfather's funeral and will not be posting much for the next few weeks. Blame it on the dial-up connection he has at home[/size]

7. nutcase

nutcase New Member

Let us all listen to Jarinor and cease this debate.Peace, chalcedony.....anyway......

chalcedony's right: never look at women as sex objects.I believe in that too. [/quote]

8. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Hehe, Yeah, I'll stop my preaching too, I just got upset about this whole affair making fun of Jesus teachings... You know, everyone nowdays gets so upset if someone says anything bad about anything someone can think, and any religion, but not christians. Nooo, people can make fun of Jesus how much they want, and christians just don't care... The muslims at least get upset if someone says anything bad... REALLY angry really... eheh...

But anyway, I'll stop now...

9. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

So you want to change basic human nature? Seems to me that if God created man, he created the nature...

Sorry to hear that. You have my condolences, doubly so if you were close to your grandfather.

10. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Well, I think that verse is meant as thinking "Oh, I really want to fuck her" when seeing a beautiful woman that you haven't even seen before...

11. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Since when did Ta-Hol become popular with the preachers :-? ?

Aaahh ! He got Nbrosz ! Stone 'im ya'll ! :-x

12. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

So you wanna blame every crime we make on God bcos he "made our nature?" That's kinda unfair, ain't it?

Yeh.. thanks. We weren't that close, but we were okay. 'Twas a peaceful death though - he passed away while watching TV, and it doesn't come any less painless than that :wink:.

13. starchybean

starchybean New Member

Yeah, well... jar, I liked your original post! I found it humorous! Thanks. :p

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually I do that because I know I wouldn't have a chance with her, therefore I want what I can't have, therefore I think "I really want to fuck her".

What if you've seen her before though? Your post clearly states "when seeing a beautiful woman that you haven't even seen before..." Do the rules change then?

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There is no orginate writeing left from the time of Christ that cover his treaching. When they finaly wrote drown the New Testment in the 4th century
    three of the Gospel where base on one doctmont of Christ teaching now the Q doctmont. The worst way to tranlate from one language to than other language unless one is dealing with very simple basic need is word to word.
    The best and the hardest and longest way is idear to idear not word to word.

If you are to tranlate the Koran from it orginate Arabic to moderm day english by useing the word to word way you would end with than Koran that
    total mispresental Islam and it teaching. If you tranlate idear to idear you get than more accurate presental of Islam and of it teaching. Very langauge have word that have total different meaning that depence on the comtext of the writeing around them, some words have miltmeaning depence on use. The word "HOT" in moderm day english have 37 different meaning. Hot can mean something hot will cause than burn on your finger . It also can have sexual meaning and useage " She and I have than hot time in bed last night."

16. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

I was just wondering... Who wrote the Koran?

And anyway, about your signature... Are you trying to scare us or something? And is the only reason you are here to talk about Islam? :)

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Allah(God).

18. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Charles, are you saying that Allah picked up a pen and sat at a divine desk for hours writing it all down?

For some reason, I find that mental image vaguely amusing.

19. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

"You (Muhammad) never read a book before this nor have you ever writtten one with your own hand. Have you done either of these then the quibbler would have had legitimate reasons to suspect it." Koran 29:48

The Koran is consider the finely literature work's in the Arabic language with it poery. Every message which God sent Muhammad was written down by his secratary as they where spoken.

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I heard that there were several korans and that they got rid of evryone but one so they could awoid the religion to break into several factions.

Our Host!