Hey! Let's Have a Diablo Bashing Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArchAngel, Jul 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Muhahahaha! What could be more fun then poking and proding at the worst game to have an rgp title!

So come on! Lets all join in! Theres plenty to poke/ prod/ flame/ laugh at/ complain about!

2. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Diablo III advertisement

Yes it is finally here the greatest game ever to have Diablo as a title. Yes Diablo III has many new exciting features.

- 2D VGA Graphics so you won't need to spend money on a new graphics card.

- 10 all new exciting areas

- Over 100 hours of game play

- 8 Unique characters with unique skill sets

- Very liner quests that offer little replay ability.

- We have taken towns out completely. We decided towns got in the way of mindless senseless killing.

Coming spring 2002 and a computer store near you Diablo III.

Any buyers?

Edit/
    I got a sword for posting this crap. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-07-18 21:40 ]</font>

3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I'll do ya one betters. Lets take a look a Diablo 2 features.

- 4 all new acts that took our ppl only 10 days to make! The rest of the times we were lauing at the ppl that would play this.

- Under 3 days of unoriginal gameplay!

- 5 new characters, each with 30 unique skills.

- 21 very liner quests that offer little replay ability.

- Extremely limited NPC interaction. You can only trade and be talked to, after all there are plenty of monsters out there.

- About 100 different monsters. 10 if you don't count the ones we used the same art for.

- Constant skill changes by blizzard. Thats right! That skill that you loved so much could be an absolute pos tommarow.

- A wonderful amount of ppl to interact with on battle.net. With these ppl you can have endless hours of fun with. Including getting pked by them, corpse looted, or just have them set back while you share exp with them.

- Battle.net! The free online gaming servers that you can play with the lovly ppl of Diablo 2. Of course these will be constantly down, be laggy as hell, and have waiting lines that will often freeze up to create a game. Also Battle.Net will prevent ppl from cheating online. Except for duping, a speed cheat, force corpse loot, corpse poping, hostial anywhere, and having ppl hack you account.

- One ultimate character. Don't you hate the game where it can be difficult to beat. Well now alls you need to do is make a barbarian. Max your weapon mastery of choice and WhirlWind and show diablo and any other chars whos boss.

- Wanna make a buck? Just sell your game items on Ebay, and ppl will acually buy it! Thats right. Got a spare duped stone of jordan? Sell it! The best part is if your really good you don't even have to give them the item! Thats right get the money and run!

- Hidden in our code we've implanted a squence the almost forces the gamer to play this. Thats right they'll become addicted to our game's nothingness.

Wow, that was long. Yes, I did play Diablo2 (*Shudders*). This is/was all true from the time i quit about 3 or 4 months ago. Also, over 2 million ppl bought Diablo 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Enzo101 on 2001-07-19 10:52 ]</font>

4. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

And don't forget the amazingly original easter eggs!

5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Easter Eggs? The only one I remember is the Cow lvl...

6. shadowfax

shadowfax New Member

Of crapped up games...

Hm... Beauty is only skin deep, they say.

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

9. Klyde

Klyde New Member

How bout everyone stop bashing Diablo 2? Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank. This isnt one of the best selling games ever because it sucks. You "RPG purists" are so full of urselves. If Diablo 2 isnt ur taste, shut up about it. Im sure theres tons of people who think Arcanum is a POS. Arcanum will never gain as much fame as Diablo 2 or any blizzard title for that matter.

10. Rishek

Rishek New Member

D2 is a different type of game

It's loads of fun, the cinematics (only about 5 or so, yeah, I realize) are great. And you can finish it in two days. Arcanum is a great game. Really fabulous. BUT LONG... with a lot of WHAT NOW? moments during quests. D2 is a great game to play casually. You don't need to remember anything. Sure, not a "thinking" game, but many people don't really want to have to spend the time trying to figure out where the missing painting is (I got super lucky on that one...), they want a nice quick fix.
    Also battle.net is a great server (UO?!?! anyone?) after initial problems it's about as good as it gets. I didn't hear anyone mention Arcanum MP. Many people like the interaction that it gives to D2. Also, the NO REPLAYABILITY thing is totally bogus. The game makes all new levels everytime. You never know what you'll be facing. And the different classes also make for many options. Also, I'd show a bit mroe gratitude towards the game that reinvigorated the CRPG market and made gems like Arcanum possible. I enjoyed D2, I'm enjoying Arcanum. Now let's all play nice and go build a dwarven sniper who can drop an ore golem at 50 paces.

Our Host!