Forum back up!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calis, Apr 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

Hey guys,

To avoid making you all wait for too long, I've put the forum back up. Enjoy. Be warned though: the Terra Arcanum skin is still very much unfinished, so use the subSilver skin in the mean time.

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Love the new board. Looks good. Thanks for putting in the work to bring us this luxury :)

3. Maniac

Maniac New Member

4. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Will we still be able to use the SubSilver skin when the T-A skin is done?

(I kinda like it...)

The icons for bold, italic and undelined text are kinda cool, too. (and so are the "auto-emoticons" to the left of the message window...)

5. Calis

Calis Member

Sure, I'll leave it in.

Also, the T-A theme is nearly done and certainly useable (if a little rough around the edges), so switch to that and give it a look as well.

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Personally, I think the T-A graphics were made for a specific color scheme and the forum will look bad if used in another way. This also includes many sigs which Milo fashioned to look well on TA.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, that and my avatar looks really crap! :).

Nice work Calis. Minor gripe though - in the topic review, there's no longer an option to change the page being reviewed.

8. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Errhh i don't know if it is supposed to be like this but why do etalis got the medic arcanid while he also got only 700 or so posts.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Some weird new ranking thing....If you look, you'll notice that others also have higher avatars with less posts...You'll also notice that THE RANKS ARE NO LONGER LISTED IN THE FAQ!!!

10. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I'm not supposed to be an ornate flintlock for a while.

11. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

hehe you can take away Gamenut's avatar but pls. don't take mine..Ive been a hammer for a long time and the rifle is the best thing to have in this new great looking forum.. :wink:

12. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

YES! After several hours(1) of being annoyed, I looked in profile and noticed that I can fix things!

(1)* may have been minutes

*what number is the little one? alt-(?), I can't seem to remember/find it

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

First thanks for putting forum back up.

This new skin reminds me of XP. *shivers* But to say the truth I like it however I can't say that it goes well with Arcanum feel - it's just too bright/colorful/optimistic. Anyway I finally have the "notify me..." option so I'm glad it was added.

Calis For future reference if something were wrong with the forum in the future would it be possible to:

a) Notify users by email as to the cause and probable date of putting the forum up again or
    b) Post this info in the news section of TA
    I just don't like it when I have no idea what's going on (and I'm addicted to this forum, you know)

One tiny thing. Could the "preview" button be on the right and the "submit" one on the left. It's just the order they're commonly located in and I (as well as others probably) am pretty much used to it.

Lastly we now have *thunder* polls *thunder* Finally something new to start bitching about really soon :)

14. Calis

Calis Member

No. When the forum's down, the database is generally down as well and I have no easy way to retrieve the e-mail addys of forum members. Besides, most of 'em wouldn't appreciate my spam I'd imagine.
    Well, when I was upgrading to 2.0.0, I put up a temporary page saying I was upgrading, didn't I? Want more details next time? Tough, ya ain't getting them. I have better things to do than give out by-the-minute updates on how the upgrading is going...
    And for the record, when the forum was down yesterday, the rest of the site was as well, so I couldn't post the news on the front page.

Oh, by the way Dragoon, thanks for that e-mail you sent me, with the trainers and all. I'll update the info right before I make a database backup. :)

15. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I feel like I'm graverobbing, although this was less than ten down the list of topics...

0:) <----god i missed that smiley

16. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

GRAVE DIGGER

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Don't even ask...... I don't know why, but you look for grave diggers and I keep finding Monster Trucks?)

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

DU, you definitely have way too much time on your hands... don't you ever actually have to work?

18. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Maby only a couple of days during the month to pay his bills.

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

no no, i meant, doesn't he have work to do at his job... i have internet accessat work, too, but i'm too busy to ever log on...

20. Notharah

Notharah New Member

At school, they kick me off the computer if I access Forums, so I'll have to do it at home.

Our Host!