A few melee weapon choice questions...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Rakso, Apr 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rakso

Rakso New Member

1) I want to make a melee spellcaster and now have him at 19 DEX. I have him at 12 STR, wielding Sword of Air which has decent speed and damage. Is it just not worth it to give him a heavy weapon like a broad or great sword that requires 18-19 STR?

2) What are evil weapons like the Black Stone Blade? When I trade them to good Magick followers like Virgil, heck, they equip the hexed weapon instead. Are these any good?

3) I started up the Force college and simple Disarm just rules any City Fight. The AI doesn't pick up dropped weapons and fists only do fatigue damage when I have Dread Armor on. I can take down Level 30 guys and I'm not even Level 20. Any refinements to this early game trick?

2. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

1) if you not are going to max out strenght I do not think so. The filament sword is good if you got a lot of skill and aliptude

3. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

You don't need more STR if you don't want it, but you should spend 1 more point in DEX, cause 20 DEX gives you a +5 bonus to your speed, making it 25.

Hexed weapons often has a good side and a bad side. There is a hexed axe that does 6-72 damage or close to that, but it has some just as nasty bad effects. Most of the time they're not worth using.

About the disarm spell, yes it rocks in the beginning. But you'll probably realize that you're gonna face more animals or other creatures that carries no weapons, so in the long run, don't depend on it to be lifesaving or anything.

4. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

1. Filament all the way.. :wink:

2. Bangellian Scourge if your really evil.. :eek:

3. as Rat Keeng pointed out, disarm is useless specially in the middle to the final part of the game were youll be fighting unarmed monsters.. :cool:_

5. Harlequin

Harlequin New Member

filament is good, but i like the charged sword better now

My melee C had been walking around wasting everyone with the filament sword before....before i handed a charged blade to Jeyna and witnessed her constantly raping the hell out of my enemies with it. I took it from her and have been faithful to it ever since.

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

It was like that to me and i could not be stopped and i could not be hurt but i was slowed down but then as the darknes seemed to apear around me and i allmost had to stop but then: IT came to me burning like the sun, crushing my enemies as if they were bugs and pathetic kites against a oregolem With it i carved myself trough the enemies like wind trough high grass and they were afraid and they ran screaming because fear and great wonder hasd come to them with the daylight. BEHOLD: THE PHYROTHECNIK AXE.
    The Ultimate tech weapon.

7. legolas

legolas New Member

ive been carrying my trusty sword of air, for soooooooo long! prolly since i first entered tarant, and im about to go to thanatos, once i get the money

Our Host!