Arachnid

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by bryant1380, Dec 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hey, I just visited the guys house in Caladon who invented the flying machine, I gave him the broken camera (the one from the original crash site) and he gave me an arachnid thingie. He said it will also heal me. Now I am a level 36 mage with 100% magic. Will this arachnid work for me? (It being tech. and all) I put it in a quick slot and threw it down, and it started following me, but I haven't played any further than that spot. Answers?

2. Squish

Squish New Member

It worked great for my mage w/ 100% magickal aptitude. It is a tech device, but it uses the healing skill. Some people said they could not get the arachnid to work, but as far as I know the one he gives you works fine (worked for me).

If you make one yourself it seems that you cannot get it to activate (you throw it, but it doesn't deploy).

3. Milo

Milo New Member

The thing with user created medical arachnids is a known bug. I think I saw a fix for it posted up somewhere on the Terra Arcanum main site. It involved unDATing one of the files and messing around with one of the .mes files.

Come to think of it, it might have also been fixed in the latest patch. Not sure, though...

4. Lycander

Lycander New Member

hey..

congrats milo,ur 1 rank higher..

5. Odi

Odi New Member

The medical arachnid worked; but it moves so slowly I end up leaving it in my BlackRoot chest. Unfortunately it cannot be combined with eliteplate to create a medical automoton. At least then it could have a chance at keeping up with the group and do some good.

6. Squish

Squish New Member

If you have arachnids in your party that move slowly, don't bother waiting up for them. When you move far enough from them they "teleport" near you.
    This works for anything slow for that matter, such as Virgil carrying a 4500lb boulder...then again he doesn't need the boulder to fit that qualification :smile:

NOTE: I'm not sure why I'm posting on the weekend, but ohh well.

Our Host!