Trainer?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by vigilante_357, May 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. vigilante_357

vigilante_357 New Member

anybody know of a trainer for the demo? the hex editing is kinda complicated for morons like me...

2. Wojit

Wojit New Member

I know of no trainer!
    I actually do remember someone mentioning one a while ago, but he might have been mentioning it as in "There is no trainer", "I will make a trainer", or "I really wish there was a trainer"

You could try hex edi----
    Oh...
    Ok then....
    *wanders off*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wojit on 2001-05-25 02:05 ]</font>

3. hantu

hantu New Member

I already make a character with all the spell and tech plus all stat is 20 and master all the skill. Anyone know where I can post this savegame file ?

4. stonecourier

stonecourier New Member

5. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

personally i've never enjoyed trainers, but editors on the other hand.

the trainers are too powerfull, including crappy things as god mode, or unlimited X

X being bullets, health, AP's or what ever.

a good editor on the other hand can do so much extra for the game, forgot to pick up the golden sphere when you left the other dimension? and can't get it back? ? just edit it in. got tired of your chacter mid game? just edit it to something new etc etc.

6. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

7. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I find this thread sort of strange in the way that people are agreeing with it. Crap, you go to a lot of other boards and if a topic like this popped up, it would just about start a flame war. Here it is being discussed sensibly.

Myself, I prefer and editor over a trainer and for a lot of the same reasons that MP just posted. Some games do work better with a trainer over an editor, but not many.

8. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

I do agree.... lol
    heheh, the only game I used a trainer on was the "D2-game"*. ::lol::

* Diablo 2

9. vigilante_357

vigilante_357 New Member

lol, i wanted and editor, not a trainer. thanks for telling me the difference, MP

the reason why i want a editor is to level up my character to lvl 50 without having to go thru all the tedious battles. i was ok with the battles with my first 5 characters but now is getting on my nerves.

10. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

personally i find the debate(better name for flamewar in this case)to be really silly.

i agree that any tweaking is loose grounds in MP games, any tweaking that leads to a better character in MP is cheating, if the others don't do the same.

as cheating virtually says, is when you cheat someone, something, or your self.

its easy as hell to cheat others, make your character better, and imo thats just low, as its others loss, not your.

to cheat yourself on the other hand is ok, you shouldn't perhaps encourage people to do this, but its only their loss really.

the thing is that the border imo is very fluid, a big greyzone. personally i only take up editors and cheats when i've either...

1. grown bored of the game, i need something fun, so i might play with my character, and the world around it.
    2. i've done something by misstake, say that i dropped an quest item, and can't find it, and now i really don't want to search through the whole world again.
    3. i'm finding the game wrong, and my views right, so i might tweak physical aspects of the game world, like damage done by a weapon.
    4. bugs, i really want an editor for FOT as backgrounds picked, and reqruites reqruited got bugs, or are unbalanced, i want to change this before i step on.

fot me neither are cheating, the first point only gets up on the wall when the game is getting boring anyway, so perhaps i can let it live longer by doin gthis(B" is an exellent example on this).

the others might be considered cheating, but i really don't cheat myself as i'm only fixing things that annoys me about the game i play, or my own misstakes.

11. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

I dunno.... I try to be VERY wary about using trainers or editors. I ESPECIALLY stay as far as I possibly can from cheat codes, because I find that they absolutely, totally, suck the life and fun out of a game for me. As soon as I download an editor, or learn the cheat codes, I find it so unbearably tempting to use them, that when I do, it absolutely ruins the game for me. I, personally, would rather wade through a game, even if it had aspects that irritated me at times. Though I have to admit, MP's reasons for using them are certainly justifiable IMHO; I just don't know if I would have the willpower, once downloaded, to use them only for those purposes.

12. raistlin_anfield

raistlin_anfield New Member

hmm. i usually like using an editor when i want to roleplay. like, shape my character into a vision of someone i have.

say, for example, Raistlin :wink:
    I would make him have a high int (though it's kind of weird since int in the game affects tech and not magic right?) and low con and so on

oh, and could someone tell me what's the difference between an editor and a trainer?
    i've used both before and i'm not really sure what's what lol

aren't they the same if they let you tweak stuff like inventory, and skill levels, and so on? or is an editor more powerful in that you can actually change the stats of a weapon (like MP said) and not just add in stuff?

13. Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker New Member

Editors as the name implies "edit" properties of items (Items including characters, objects etc.), while most of the trainers only perform simple functions like just making you that 20 everything 50000 HP and 50000 Fatique half-god.

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I do not use cheats until I finish the game in case I would like to try it again.

Our Host!