Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bad Buck, May 27, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Do you play in real time combat or in turn based?
    I know i find it too difficult to react effectively in real time so i play in turn based i jus wondered what you all do?

2. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

in the beta i mixed, and my melee characters often played it RT.

and if you gets over your head hit space, and hope that you start out the turns.

well that was how i played it

3. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I prefer playing in TB, I tried RT, it just moved too fast for my techie's

4. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Monkey did 'hit space' often react in time or did you end up 'tapping' (read as beating it with a big stick) it repeatedly as you sometimes have to do in other games such as BG...?

5. Wojit

Wojit New Member

I'm playing turnbased... My poor brain just can't handle the speed

6. Zen

Zen New Member

TB...never even considered anything else. Perhaps I`m narrowminded and konservative.

- Zen

7. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I hate to admit it because I'm a big TB fan, but RT. Except for the bridge fight... :smile:

8. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Well, I like the system, which was presented in BG, but also like the one in FO. In Arcanum I will most likely play TB. To tell you the truth I didn’t even try it yet the RT in this game, but if this is remotely similar to Diablo I’m pretty sure I won’t be playing that mode.

9. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I usually play in TB except for the odd encounter when there is no monster graphics and the game won't continue because it is waiting for the monster to take a turn. I then switch to RT to finish this fight. I quite often forget to switch back and my next fight is will then be in RT. Unfortunately it quite often turns out to be against a group of 3-4 wererats...the load last save option is a nice feature. :smile:

10. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well it was like this, when i played i usually played it in RT, but when i was about to die i'd hit space.

or at battles i thought i was about to loose in RT, for i did thought that RT was harder then TB, just not so hard that it was less fun to play.

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Well its impossible to play RT As a techie I think because they move so fast that being a techie is a waste of time, and personally even fast turn based is annoying to me

12. Zen

Zen New Member

How do you justify RT being easier to pull off as a mage J_K?

- Zen

13. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

14. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

15. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

I believe that turn-based is good but real time is better though I wish someone could make it like baldurs gate and if you press space it stops everything so you can make sense of everything.

16. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Okay, it looks like it's character based. I just tried a boomeranger (tonz of fun :smile: ) and I had to go TB. Is there going to be an option for higher resolutions in the final game? with as much as i'm able to see, TB seems poorly implemented.

17. Matthew

Matthew New Member

I started playing RT only because TB seemed to screw my character, but maybe I'm missing something. I played a dwarven gunslinger with miracle operation, so needless to say his dex was in the toilet. Four APs wasn't enough to swing a weapon without tiring him out in the beginning. It seemed to me weapon speed doesn't matter in TB, since your dex determines how many times you attack, and dex doesn't matter in RT, since weapon speed determines how fast you attack there. So my dwarf is screwed in TB but rocks in RT as long as he gets the drop on people, since guns have a high speed and he's really accurate with his high perception. I guess if I ever played a melee character with high dex, I'd go turn based and give him axes to fight with since speed doesn't matter then.

18. Blunder

Blunder New Member

If you get the tech skill 'balanced sword' the weapon that you make kicks butt over any axe that I've come across from the stores. The scimitar looking sword that you get from the Molochean Hand guy is a nice weapon also.

19. Matthew

Matthew New Member

I guess it would just depend on how more advanced weapons worked. The impression I got was axes = slower but more damage. My main point was a slow heavy damage weapon would be better than a fast light damage one in turn-based by how things appeared. Maybe they'll reduce the ap cost for fast weapons in the full version or something like that to balance things out.

20. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

i like the TB, its an more advanced version of the FO version.

Our Host!