Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I've voted Labour, who I like maybe around 60% of the policies for, just to keep the Tories out - because Boris is a venal fucking snake, austerity is crippling this country, and the Brexit referendum in the first place was all politicking to stop the Conservatives for disintegrating ("Oh shit, UKIP are gaining in votes. We better put an in-out EU referendum in the manifesto, I mean no one will vote for it, right guys?"). Some bold statements, I know.

My constituency shouldn't be close, but this was a Leave area so I think ceding votes to the Brexit party is a real risk, and UKIP had a sizeable chunk of the vote in 2015.

I think I feel the most disenfranchised I have in my entire life. I've always thought I would never tactically vote, but the stakes have gotten so high that I can't in this election glibly piss away my vote on the party I want, and I'm literally voting for a party I don't really agree with. First Past the Post is democracy at its finest, for sure.

And all of this probably still for a Tory majority, even though their legacy for the past 10 years has been biting cuts to public spending and completely indecisive, piss-weak fumbling around Brexit. And I know I you asked for astute commentary, but whenever I try to think coherently about any of this on any sort of deep level there's this thoroughly-pleasant-yet-despairing sense of rage I feel that makes any incisive thought hard.

So it's all great Ruda. It's all just fucking great.

Good morning!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

What a train wreck! I followed it on Novara (in case my sympathies haven't been made clear yet) and it was rather painful watching them keep a positive outlook, although to their credit they owned up to being fucked in short order. I fear that this is the final nail in the coffin for proper Social Democracy; all over Europe, the classic labour parties have moved towards the right with British Labour being the sole exception. With this result, there is little hope for leftism in mainstream politics. But I hope I'm wrong.

Tactical voting is always a pain (I'm usually stuck between voting for a party I like that haven't managed to gain any seats in parliament, and an established party that I can stand) and there is little to like in system where the winner of the popular vote can lose the election.

Smuel summarized it fairly well, I'd say.

Good night.

Jojobobo likes this.
  3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Stop! My penis can only get so erect!

Jojobobo likes this.
  4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Never have I wanted to be wrong so much in my entire life.

For those who don't really follow British politics, what just happened is equivalent to Trump running for a second term on a platform of "Let's cancel all trade deals, put up a wall on the Mexican AND Canadian borders, and turn the entire country into an international joke. As a result, immigrants won't want to come here any more!"

And then he WON, with an INCREASE IN VOTE.

Good morning, in the coldest most technical sense.

Jojobobo likes this.
  5. Jojobobo

They literally galvanised on their own failure, not on their success. "We've been useless at negotiating Brexit for years, but rather than give anyone else a try, now you should vote for us again - because this time we're going to try a little bit - maybe." And people bought it, it's wild. Five more years of Tory misery.

I'd lost all faith with the referendum result anyway, so I wish I could claim surprise, but I can't.

Erm... Good morning!

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    To all those strange people who celebrate things a day early, Merry Christmas, god jul, etc.

To everyone else, good morning.

Jojobobo and Zanza like this.
  7. Jojobobo

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

And, more importantly, Good Morning.

What I want to know is, when are people going to start proper nouning "Good Morning" like I do inconsistently? Good Morning pt. 2.

8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    So, I'm seeing this woman, and I just overheard her on the telephone talking to one of her friends:

"When I was younger, I used to go for attractive guys, but they always turned out to be assholes. So now I'm dating guys like Smuel. He's not very attractive, but he's kind and generous."

Take that, assholes!

Good morning.

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I hear that Australia is even more dangerous than usual right now. How are you Aussies doing? Any tales of near death heroics? Have all your earthly possessions gone up in smoke, leading to a feeling of loss combined with apprehensive yet hopeful optimism for a fresh new start?

Happy new year / good morning*

* Delete as appropriate.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Officially entered a state of alert over here meaning I’ll be recalled to duty on my days off if the fires get too close. Got my uniform and kit ready on standby today especially because I may get called at any time.

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    As unprecedented fire and mayhem ravage the country, Zanza does his part by keeping his keys next to his wallet.

Good morning.

Jungle Japes likes this.
  12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Not all heroes wear capes.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have just discovered that I have a second cousin once-removed who is in the Australian Special Forces.

I bet he keeps his keys next to his wallet, if you know what I mean.

Good morning.

14. Jojobobo

I think I follow. You could say, he keeps his sandwich in the freezer ;)

Good Morning.

15. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yes, exactly. He keeps his left shoe next to his right shoe, if you see what I'm getting at.

Good morning.

16. Jojobobo

If it involves jam and mustard and a 1kg tub of vaseline, I'm reading you loud and clear ;)

Good Morning.

17. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Let's just say he isn't afraid to use a spade in the garden.

Good morning.

Jungle Japes and Jojobobo like this.
  18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    SPECIAL OFFER!

Get 10 FREE hiccups for 2020 by reading this post!

Just by continuing to read you are earning your FREE hiccups, which can be used at any time during the year.

At a dinner with your family? You may use some of your FREE hiccups to cause mirth and merriment*.

Sitting alone because you are the type of sad introvert that reads old gaming forums? Use your FREE hiccups to amuse yourself*. Hiccup as LOUD as you WANT!

* Use of hiccups is involuntary and may cause uncontrollable convulsions. Do not hiccup if you are prone to seizures or have mean friends that will laugh at you and make you consider the raw futility of existence.

You are nearly there. Keep reading to get 10 FREE hiccups!

When you qualify for your FREE hiccups they will be delivered at assorted times during the year. You may be out when they arrive, but that's just part of the fun. As famous science-man Albert Einstein said "Hiccups give me great insight for science and relations! Thanks to hiccups I win Noble Prise!"

Do you want to be as great science man or womens as Albert Einstien? I thought so! Read on for your FREe hiccups!

Trying to defuse a bomb with great tension? Hiccups cause new excitement and gasp in crowds around you! Hiccupings to the rescue! Red left wire or (hiccup) blue middle? <Laughter> Oh no it scary to be bomb diffuser with hicup! But fun like rollercoster ride in park. Coaster ride cause hicups in unsuspecting travler. Beware!

Did you know of ancent legend of hicupping style kung fu master who harness wind and give energy spurt from diaphram. Hicups with great power blast enemys away by force. Pow! You to can lern secret skills passed down by old masters with FREEE HICCUPPP! BUt yse wisely in moderation. Many times plan come undon by errant hiccup. Gengis Khan mongol invasion of Japan halted by divine hiccup of the gods.

Congrats you earned your FREE hicups now. THey will come in 2020 with great luck. Good morning.

Jungle Japes likes this.
  19. Jojobobo

Using my incredible powers of deductive reasoning, I would say Smuel had hiccups at the time of that last post. That's right, move the fuck over Sherlock Holmes.

Good morning.

20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I didn't so much write it as observe in horror as it spewed forth from the nether realm.

But apart from that, you are also wrong because I did not have hiccups.

"Master of magic, spells and illusion, enemies crumble in fear and confusion, Mandrake!"

Good morning.

Our Host!