Geoffrey acts like we've already met

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by hal900x, May 21, 2019.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. hal900x

hal900x New Member

I'm replaying Arcanum using UAP 091225. Just got to Ashbury. First time meeting Geoffrey he acts like we've already spoken and I've been given the quest. Not only that, but my dialog option assumes that I've completed the quest! I do not have the item in my inventory nor have I set foot in the related dungeon. Weird stuff. I also noticed the Mutt was dead and I don't think I ever set foot in that map tile. GoG version of the game, no other mods installed.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

There's an (unfixable) bug where if you cast the Charm spell on an NPC before ever talking to them they will act like they already know you and it breaks a number of scripts. If you didn't use the Charm spell, then I don't know.

As for the Dog thing, the timer starts whenever you visit Ashbury for the first time, you don't have to go to that specific part of the map. Basically, if you don't rescue him during your first visit, he will die.

3. hal900x

hal900x New Member

Interesting. I do have the charm spell, but I promise you I didn't use it. I stopped using it entirely some time ago. I hadn't even been to that particular map tile. Reloaded a few saves, same thing. I will try going back to a very old save and try it again.

4. hal900x

hal900x New Member

I reloaded an old save and was able to progress as normal. I think I screwed up tho...I wanted Geoffrey for a follower. Will he only join before you get the gem? I returned it to him, but no option to recruit him :(

I'm good, but I have 20 Charisma. However, I was at 19 when I began his quest. Perhaps that's the issue? Or can you only recruit him at quest's start?

5. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

No you recruit him after the mission has been completed. However, the requirement for recruiting evil followers as good character (and vice versa) is master training in Persuasion not 20 Charisma (although this is also needed if you're bent on keeping Raven and Z'an Al'urin in the same party).

Dark Elf likes this.
Our Host!