Jealousy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, Aug 7, 2018.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I dunno why you r so mad about a hypothetical partner believing what they read in womans weekly or see on a romcom.

As an old man ive never had a serious relationship that was so naive or idealistic as to demand true blue infatuation from each other but i also think it is romantic and ideal, if only because time has made the memory of my puppy love less agonising and more nolstagic.
    So the glamor of an impossibly pure love is acceptable and if younglings get confused and dysfunctional by it then too bad. If you dont want to google a little social psychology before you pairbond, or screen for people who do the same, then u r gonna stick your dick in crazy.

Edit: actually i assume you mad bc its waxing moon after midsummer and you r sexually frustrated so this convoluted complaint is all about looking at those sweet sweet legs and feeling cranky about some imaginary romanticism blocking your game.
    Which is OK too.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I'm glad I have your approval to have no game, thanks brah.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm gonna start formulating a response before I have read the entire thread (blasphemy!) and might go back and sort my answer afterwards.

But first, a joke. " I've even dated some people in real life". Funniest sentence so far.

But when it comes to jealousy and expecting jealousy, speaking as a person whom have had a relationship but from the opposite. I can be quite jealousy, but I'm often aware of the silliness in it and can disregard it.
    But when you want someone to be jealous, it's often because you are insecure. Could be both in yourself and your partner. And if the partner isn't normally showing very much emotion (it can still be there, some people are just not very open in that regard), you can get really insecure about what is actually felt. And if someone is showing jealousy, you know for a fact that they like you. So normally I would say that people who seek jealousy in their partner is either insecure in the relationship or quite narcissistic. But insecurities can be worked with.

When it comes to temptation I would say it goes along the same lines of insecurity. They need to hear that they are beautiful, and they read interest in other (purely physical) as a statement that they themselves are not as beautiful.

But know quite a few people that are living in poly or open relationships, I can tell that there are many pitfalls there aswell. And a few of them that holds togheter usually goes mono when it starts comming to settling down.

I read the thread now and feel I could add some more, but think I should wait for further questions.

4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Thanks for the post.

So when you're feeling jealous about your SO's behaviour or thoughts, are you yourself in a more exclusive mode of thinking?

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    If you're asking whether I've ever worn eyeliner while dating an 1890's prostitute, then... maybe.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I'm imagining a story where a future society has met a race of enigmatic aliens called the Dan'sar, who slowly influence the evolution of other species they encounter by tweaking the DNA of unborn children to unlock their full potential. So through successive generations the baseline of the population slowly improves due to emphasising all their best traits and suppressing any harmful variants of chromosomes.

This is only discovered after it's been happening for a while, and there is outrage because the Dan'sar are evaluating each generation based on their own assessment of what is desirable, so in that sense all the species they meet begin to slowly converge towards a standard Dan'sar template of the perfect being. Having said that, each species starts from its own baseline and retains a lot of its unique character throughout the process.

The protagonist's main journey is of course to answer the question - are we human, or are we Dan'sar?

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Surely it is more likely that mass media and the fashion industry are warping our conception of beauty, and sitting at a desk all day is what makes you isolated and impotent.

But sure, aliens are cool and that sounds like a lot of theories I have heard in the mentally ill hobo community.

So, whatever fucked up hybrid we happen to be evolving into, you do you.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

This is an example of a post I would usually delete.

It's a cool scifi idea, and im sure you arent that isolated nor impotent.

And you probably got game. Hell, i was half seduced by your satirical rap song.

Protip, the more a lady laughs the more she has her eyes closed.

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    My take from all this is that you're endorsing nitrous oxide.

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Knowing my audience, i tried to word it in the least rapey way i could.

Off topic, yeah i endorse it. On topic, no.

13. Dark Elf

Media:
    Gotcha. A career in dentistry is where it's at then.

14. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I mean yea. Like if it has been clear from the get go that the relationship is exclusive, it's harsher.
    But then behavior is has greater affect, and thought can be really depending on how they are presented.

Our Host!