Modding Tool: Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 (01-2020)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FilthyJack, Apr 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

hmm...could try it in few days or else atm no time :S
    I installed english version of arcanum multiverse and there was no russian part so I must download russian version etc
    I send you those files via email (russian version) if I fail :D

2. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

The files I need are located in .dat and .patch files. If you have installed arcanum factory then you should have DBMaker.exe in arcanum's folder.

Run this script inside Arcanum's folder: Extract_Mes_Files.bat
    This will produce a bunch of folders in Arcanum and Arcanum\modules with the mes files in them.

I don't really have much time right now due the new version being developped but I'll do it for the final 1.4 release.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

No problem Sir!

I sent you an email
    check your inbox :)
    if it's not received to you I upload it here^^

4. FilthyJack

Just to let people know, I can't make a version of Arcanum Factory for Multiverse because this is a huge mod and I've never tested it. I won't provide a software based on something so unstable, this would require re-coding AF everytime they update or fix the mod and having to deal with bugs I'm not responsible for.

On the other hand, a mod made with Arcanum Factory can be opened by anyone for further editing. This is why I chose 1074+UAP which is (to me) a clean game install and a safe base to work on.

I will try to provide multi-language support for 1.4, the release will come in a week or two hopefully. New features and hotfix will come so don't hesitate to ask if you'd like to see something implemented.

Sagat91 likes this.
  5. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

alright :)
    I post here again when I find bugs^^(when I have time ofc^^)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. FilthyJack

A new version is available, I've spent a lot of time trying to clean the build as much as I could and fixing the last remaing bugs (hopefully).

Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Changelog

-Universal Language Support (Setup will extract language specific game files from your game the first time you start AF)
    -Fixed a bug for Generic/Food not saving the internal name.
    -Improved ART Editor bmp routines and compression, also allowed more file formats.
    -Optimized the code a lot, it now compiles with no warning at all and the interface is a lot faster.
    -Cleaned up the build, some of the test items and descriptions I used were still present.
    -Fixed some inaccurate tips

If someone with a non english version of the game can confirm the language files work as intended I'd be eternally grateful!

Download:
    Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Full

If you want to keep your previous work:
    Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Update Only

Happy modding :)

vurt and t-roll like this.
  7. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

When I bring up the armor factory, I see some armors are missing on the list/doesn't load despite I tell it to load it.

I can't find Caladon's Crusading Chain on the list, and when I try load Venom Shielded Garmet, the program just refuges to load the garmet.

What am I doing wrong?

8. FilthyJack

Hello RonStrowd,

You're doing nothing wrong, the few items that don't "load" are actually not prototypes but variations of proto the devs modified in WorldEd. They select a base prototype and fine-tune its values to create unique items. You can still see its name in the selection box but it can only be seen/modified in WorldEd by opening Arcanum and browsing the map where you know your item is.

There is an option in Factory to extract arcanum campaign which is really fast and then open it worlded. Anyways it is always better to modify the unique item or create a copy of it in factory, rather than editing the base proto because other items may use it too.

9. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

In that case, how on earth can I edit one?

I open up the WorldEditor, select the module, load up the map that has the chest that contains Caladon's Crusading Chain, which is Caladon Guardhouse Basement.

I've located the chest that has the chainmail, right click on the chest to try edit its containment - Because that's what you should be doing if you ever want to edit an item that is inside a certain container, right? - Nope. I click on Edit on the chest, only to bring up some useless information about chest. Can I see what's inside? Nah. Can I edit the thing that's inside? Hell no.

So I was like, "Okay. Maybe this is not the way(although it should have been this way)." I click on 'Items' at the top left of the screen, click on 'A' button which brings up the armors, I select 'Chain' for armor type - because it is a chainmail. - then I click on 'Select' to find this Caladon's Crusading Chain. What a surprise. I can't find one. Okay, so this item is a chainmail, but it's not a chainmail. Lovely. (Yes. I've read your reply about because it's not a prototype, but a separated unique item, but it still makes zero sense)

I have no idea what to do now. Common sense doesn't work on this bad boy.

10. FilthyJack

Patience you're almost there ^^

Right click the chest and select poop, move the chest and the other items that are in the way to see the one you want.
    Now modify it and either place all the items back in the chest ( "drag and drop" with "shift" ) and save or you can activate AF "Capture Mob files from clipboard', right click the chainmail and hit the G_xxxxx line to copy it.

Arcanum has always been one of the most difficult to mod, but thanks to the efforts of everyone in the community we can now do it even if it's hard and makes no sense , sorry I'm doing my best to make it easier for modders.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  11. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

Poop the chest, then drag it to somewhere else, and then manually find an item that I want to edit by dragging the other items out, and then when I'm done with editing, drag the containment back to the chest? Not to mention some of the items on the ground are too small to even click on them properly. Good lord. I'm loss for words.

Ugh, but that's not your fault, friend. You don't have to be sorry. I appreciate your answer.

12. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

Hey,

bug?: I can't 'load' all Weapons at Weapon Factory
    AWF.JPG

Charged Axe Schematic is missing?(Can't find in list)

is there a .proto for K'an T'au staff?
    and is it possible to 'recharge' it? :D

simple bug: French text :D
    ABE.JPG

after adding new background:
    A1.JPG
    A3.JPG
    after "Restore Arcanum Content" it was normal again

maybe an issue with Drog's newest UAP 2.0.0 (Version 200215)?

other question: Is somewhere the source code of ArcanumEdit from DKoepp?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  13. Viktor Remizow

Viktor Remizow New Member

Hi! Dear Mr. FilthyJack. I was curious/want to ask if you could help me with my problem. I just downloaded the Drogs UAP 2.0 and the Factory seems not to work at all. It ignores Drogs files and creating new .mes .dlg etc. Is that possible? Maybe its not compatible with each other but nobody gave me an answer on Drogs team yet. I was also wondering if somebody is having similar issues/or its working for you normally.
    Here is my setup --> Steam Arcanum ---> Patches from Terra 1074 + unofficial patch with extra content --> UAP 2.0
    However even if its not working for me = I wanted to say HUGE thanks for all your effort/time/love for the game and community. You did something great.
    Have a great day sir.

VR

14. Viktor Remizow

Viktor Remizow New Member

Oh = one mistake. I did clean copy of arcanum = instaled 1074+ UAP 2.0 only. And still not working. Should i try to unDAT Patch.5 and then use Factory? Maybe.

And = i was able to create a multiverse/russian mods/uap 1.4/factory version which has 63 gb. Is buggy like hell, but works. If you are interested i can upload it somewhere for testing.

15. Yrvyne

Yrvyne New Member

Hi, thank you for Arcanum Factory. I have in mind to use it in order to update the inventory of most NPCs (that cannot be recruited like guards etc).

Have read on AMTUT that such NPCs have containers so as not to modify each and every guard individually.

So far my progress has been to update the invensource.mes via AF however the NPCs have no resultant change after exporting and even after cleaning the cache.

Is there any other way to update equipment wore and also the inventory of NPCs via Arcanum Factory please?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  16. FilthyJack

Hi guys,

I wanted to say that I haven't made Arcanum Factory compatible with uap 2.0 nor Multiverse, because these are "mods" and AF was meant to work on a clean vanilla install.
    That being said it is possible to adapt it for any mod, AF uses a combination of extracted "mes" files from your game install (located in the conf folder), those mes files are modified to work with the tool basically adding blank entries to them and fixing some errors like in ivensource.mes missing a few coma. AF also uses a packed version (.patch) of your work in combination with files copied to "Arcanum/data" when you 'Apply to Arcanum", patching the range for proto/effects/etc in Arcanum.exe in the process.

If you produce an auto install package instead of applying to arcanum directly, you will be able to see exactly which files are produced as it mimics Arcanum's folder structure.

It would be a real pain to make several versions of Factory for every mod out there but since I have received a bunch of requests for Multiverse and UAP 2.0 I guess I could give it a try. Just need some time to get back to the huge source code and find out how the mods work.

Yrvyne: I seem to recall a function in worlded's menu to "Respawn inventories" or something similar which would make the changes to invensource.mes take effect immediately. I think I did it once but Im not 100% sure.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  17. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Sorry for the late reply.
    Anyway, yeah, that would be great :) (although I wouldn't mind if you won't make the Multiverse compatible version of AF since I only play with the UAP)

Our Host!