Rare photo of the human shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Deman, May 7, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deman

Deman Member

Currently wanted for excessive exposure...

[​IMG]

Seriously though, did they really hire any playtesters for this game?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I take it you never had a corrupted savegame. You, sir, are a lucky man.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

This was old back in 2001.

Ban this person.

4. Mr.Mole

Mr.Mole New Member

Yeah, if you get a corrupt save game, you're F#cked, but another way to end up in that position is if you try to throw an item or wield an item during the starting barter. Why you'd do that, I have no clue.

5. praetorian

praetorian New Member

yes, something similar happened to me when my savegame got corrupted.
    after loading a corrupted savegame, my player char appeared in a dark place with a shopkeeper (both naked) and an unpickable chest. my PC could not move, the NPC complained about my missing clothes, unaware that he is naked too.

6. Jwrac

Jwrac Member

Yeah I had this happen to me also.
    Back a fair while ago I lost a lot of progress.
    Protip: make a new save file for every location you visit.

My Savegames look something like this:
    "
    Qintarra
    Stillwater
    Shrouded Hills
    Crash Site
    Tarant
    "
    -etc...

7. Deman

Deman Member

Re:

I had a hunch of what would happen if I'd drop an item on the hand icon during character creation. Of course, I couldn't do anything but yawn when I was greeted by yet another glitch. This time even before starting the game correctly. If I would have had control over my character, I probably could have emptied the shopkeeper's chest (it's unlocked) and carried on. Personally I believe that part of the charm of the late 90s and early 2000s RPGs were their Unterschiede zwischen L66 und L401 glichtes and exploits. In Arcanum they did manage to go somewhat overboard with it though.

8. Mr.Mole

Mr.Mole New Member

:hidepc: I always have back-ups, but not like that. I rotate through autosave and then have numbered save files, ie File1, File2, File3, etc. I also have a file called 'Random' and 'Dangerous.' I do this in all RPG's. It is a good system, so if you are doing something random or dangerous in a game like Morrowind that prompts (when you die) to load your last saved game or not, you will get a message like "Your last saved game is Dangerous, do you want to load it?" Also, as an unrelated tip, if you need to level up quickly, go to the forbidden pit. Go in the pit and wait a day and kill whatever shows up, do this over and over. Typically, things will show up outside the pit so you can kill them with spells or ranged weapons without even taking any damage. Creatures show up in the pit, well :shootme: , use the ladder and kill them in the pit

Our Host!