can I save Jonathan Sanders? (Caladon fatherkilling quest)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by praetorian, Apr 21, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

in Caladon, there is that grim dude Sanders Jr, that gives you the quest to kill his father.
    as we, the dwarves from the PinkBeards Clan honor our fathers, I want to punish Jr for his foolishness.

...but telling Jonathan Sanders that his son wants him dead always ends in a fight :/
    is there a way to save the old man? like having high intelligence/persuasion level when telling him about the treachery of his son?

2. Deman

Deman Member

That I don't know. What I do know is that this can instead be achieved with an exploit. Basically it makes him accept you again after you've murdered (and thereafter resurrected) him.

3. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

In my experience, this quest can only end badly. You either kill Sanders Sr for the reward or let him know of his son's plan (in which case he'll assault you, as you say). Doing the latter even prevents you from getting the reward from Sanders Jr as he somehow knows about your treachery (even though you've killed all witnesses).

The only thing I can suggest is that you kill Sanders Jr on the spot for asking you to bring dishonour over the PinkBeards.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re: can I save Jonathan Sanders? (Caladon fatherkilling ques

There are no such checks in his dialogue. It's either kill him or ignore/fail the quest.

5. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Re: can I save Jonathan Sanders? (Caladon fatherkilling ques

that is sad :/ I'll skip this quest then. I'll poison young Sanders by putting the cursed poisoned gloves in his inventory :cool:_

it's really stupid that in the same city the player is working with the police to solve the Whytehouse murders, but you can't tell the police about this planned one.

Our Host!