One of those games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, Nov 20, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I don't think it's due to the virtues of the game so much as to my own chronic addiction to it, but Alpha Centauri may rank alongside Arcanum in terms of hours of life spent.

I used to love Civilisation (the original, then II and III) and my long-term goal was always to win the game by sending a colony ship to Alpha Centauri. Then, when the Alpha Centauri game came out, my young brain became hopelessly devoted to it even before I played - just on general principles.

I mention it because I recently got the game again, and immediately remembered how much I loved it.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

This is one of the games my friend always tells me about, and which I want to try in the near future.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I play Stars! because it's awesome and simpler. But yeah I played Alpha Centauri in the past and it is extremely fun.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

We should get seven of us together and have a PBeM game.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Playin' a big map... S.M.A.C. my bitch up!

I love that game too. In particular the way that your choice of social policy affects how the AI teams treat you. I don't remember seeing that in any other game. It beats the socks off the usual "give them presents to make them like you" way that diplomacy is approached in the 4X genre.

Our Host!